PDA

View Full Version : What a scary weekend!!

HeatherID
10-30-2006, 10:32 AM
We've been having 70mph winds and rain since early Friday night!

We went out to a halloween party Friday night, and we're headed up our road... and there are fire trucks and ambulances outside our house! I almost had a heart attack - it turns out, it was our neighbors house. We lost the power for a bit, and when it came back on, it surged and it ended up blowing the transformer and lines OFF their house, and the side of their roof caught on fire!

Fortunately, they got it put out, with minimal damage! It was so scary though. They shut off our power and a couple other houses nearby, in case of a similar power surge, and we finally got it back this morning.

I missed all of the Shack Night fun, and I missed posting my activity! :(

Hopefully all your weekends weren't this eventful!!!
Heather

lost luggage
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
WOW! What a weekend!! Glad you and your neighbors got through it ok...that is totally scary!!!

iloveflipflops
10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Glad no one was hurt!! We did miss you at the festivities but you had very good reason not to be here. Glad you are a-ok :).

GrammaStamper
10-30-2006, 10:39 AM
OMG! Heather, glad you are alright. That must have been very scary, indeed.

teabear
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
So sorry to hear it was a bad weekend. Maybe you can post a new weekly challenge for us since we missed you over the weekend.

so-muchlove
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I am so glad that you are okay and that your neighbor's house has minimal damage.

Hugs,
Lisa

workin4stamps
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
wow! that is TOO much activity for one weekend!! Glad that it has all worked out okay. Happy that your neighbors house will be okay too. Hopefully next weekend will be better!!!

Traci

jdpisces
10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh no, Heather! Glad to hear you are all OK. That's not really the type of eventful weekend that's good to have!

Julie

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Glad your home was safe. What a scare!
Sorry you missed the fun... I did too. :(

Jane