PDA

View Full Version : newbie from NE

debbiedee
02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello,
I found out about this site from a comment someone left on my blog. I love to stamp cards and all kinds of papercrafts. I look forward to browsing around and seeing what all is going on.
Debbie

ctmhgirl
02-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Hello, I am Lucia from IL. I am a WAHM with CTMH. This is a great board and you are going to enjoy being here.

hbpuppy
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the Stamp Shack Debbie.I'm Heather from California. Glad you joined us.

1of2shoes
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello from one Debbie to another. Welcome to the SS. I live in San Diego.

Vintagegal
02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Debbie! I'm Ethel in Papillion. Where in NE are you?

moosemama
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
HI Debbie-welcome to the shack! I am Fern and live in Ohio.

ellie
02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome. I think you will like it here. I am Ellie from NC.

debbiedee
02-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I am from Comstock. We actually live on a farm. The population of Comstock is 62-ish-it's actually a "village".
Debbie

Vintagegal
02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow! Debbie! That's about 3 1/2 hours away from where I live! How in the world did you get into rubber stamping? How do you get your supplies and such? Do you come to Omaha, often?

Swanie78
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the Shack :)
Im Kelly from Washington state (originally IL).
What is your blog? Im a hopeless blog addict...lol

smileycollector
02-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Debbie!! I'm so glad to see that you found us! And thank you for the comments left on MY blog. I'm in Norfolk so we don't live too far from each other. Do you have any great LSS's in your area? I usually shop online or in Sx Falls, Omaha or Lincoln. Norfolk only has HL. I've met Ethel (Vintagegal) in person at an Auntie Amy's convention in Lincoln and we had SO much FUN! She took us to the Ben Franklin Too store where I could have shopped ALL day!! Gosh, I need to go back there!!! :)
Anyway, please join in the good times and great conversation here at The Shack and be sure to post some of your awesome creations too!
Smiles, Pam :)

cindi
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm Cindi from Maine!
Glad you found us..this is a great site.
Nice to meet ya!
:)

AmyR
02-16-2007, 06:02 PM
WaHoo Debbie!! I actually *just* sent you a PM - didn't think to check here first!! It's so great to see you here! :D

debbiedee
02-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Vintage gal, if you are from Omaha, I'm more about 4 hours away. I invited myself to a Stampin Up party. The demo and I became great friends. (on a sad note she died at the age of 40 Christmas day from cancer).
Anyway, I got most of my stamps from her. We got together alot to stamp, shop, and talk. Ü
There aren't any stamp stores in this area. Kearney is the closest Wal-mart, Hobby Lobby and that doesn't really count, although I am told that HL is now carrying some cool clear stamps. Need to ck it out. I just don't get to the city much.

ranaleigh
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Welcome, I'm Rhiana from Sioux Falls, SD

debbiedee
02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Ranaleigh, we were in Lennox a couple of weeks ago to get a new loader.

Pam, I have never been to an Auntie Amy convention. What is that? I have been to Ben Franklin 2-AWESOME store!!
There are no local stamp stores here, but a new scrapbook store opened in Broken Bow and they asked me to teach classes. The first one I teach will be the 17th of March. We are going to do a "lucky" class, like "I'm so lucky to have you...." etc. We are going to use the new Karen Foster St. Pat papers. I will post it on my blog as soon as they get the papers and I get the page done.
Debbie

smileycollector
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Here is a link to the Auntie Amy Stamps/Conventions (http://www.auntieamy.com/conventions/welcome.html) if you want to see what it's all about. It doesn't look like they will be back to Lincoln this year, which doesn't surprise me. There wasn't a very good turnout last year. There were a few good stamp companies & LSS's, we did some make 'n takes and bought a few things, but I had more fun at the Ben Franklin store! :) Of course, the best part was meeting Ethel and the other gals from pcmb!

Is your "lucky" class going to be for a scrapbook page or cardmaking? I wonder how far it is to Broken Bow?? I'll have to check! :) Sounds FUN!

debbiedee
02-16-2007, 07:43 PM
it is a beginners scrapbook class. But I am going to make 3 versions to show them how they can "step it up" if they want and for those to take that are more advanced in scrapbooking. I plan to get some extra of the patterned paper to make cards though.
Debbie

Vintagegal
02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Debbie, the next time you're planning to go to Ben Franklin II, PM me and Pam and maybe we can all get together (like on the weekend), shop, have lunch..... that would be AWESOME!

patg
02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Debbie,

Welcome aboard! I'm Pat from Canada.
Pat

stampinmom3
02-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Welcome to our cyber spot. I think you will like it here as much as the rest of us do. It is so nice to come to a place where no one is mean, or derogatory ever, unlike some web groups I've seen. Everyone here makes a great effort to make this place feel like home when you pop in. Warm and comfortable always.