PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bummed

suzi_f
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Here I am w/ANOTHER day off, so many cute STAMPS and I have absolutely no creativity!!! I sat & stared at my stuff for 45 minutes & could not do a thing!!! I don't understand it. I looked thru our gallery at all the beautiful & wonderful cards & instead of feeling inspired, I feel un-talented. I haven't done anything in DAYS!!! When I'm at work, all I want to do is come home & stamp but, when I get home, all I do is play on the computer. What is wrong with me???? I feel like I'm wasting so much time & money. I'm wondering if I should try to do a s/b page instead of a card? I haven't s/bed (my first love) in almost 2 years.

Vintagegal
02-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Suzi....man if I had a penny for EACH time I said the same things you were saying! I think it would be a great idea to scrapbook. Just do something different. It may be just enough for you to "clear" your mind and feel productive in the craft room. Good luck! If you'd like, post your layout on 2 peas, and let us know, so we can look and say "ooooh, aaaaah!"

stamphappy
02-19-2007, 11:26 AM
This happens to me, too.

teabear
02-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Just start making something even if it's awful. You should see some of the crud I've made when I'm in a slump. It does seem to help to go through the motions. Usually I try a sketch, color challenge, or a new technique to get me back in the groove.

hutchink
02-19-2007, 12:14 PM
That happens to the best of us! Chin up and put on some groovy music and hip hop on some scrapbook pages. It's sure to get your juices flowing again!

~K

Jannette
02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
That happens to me alot too. I'll just Clean up my space a bit and next thing I know I'm putting a card together. I might get one card done in 2 hours or sometimes 2 days. Just relax it'll happen.

jdpisces
02-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I go through this too. Once I take a few peeks at the gallery and then clean up my room, I am realizing what I have and am making a card again in no time!

Good luck!

laos348
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I totally understand what your going through - I've been in a slump the last few days myself. I say try a scrapbok page and mix things up a little bit.

Laura

lost luggage
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
You can do it, Suzi! Flip through some magazines or try something new and crazy! :)

maxiesmom
02-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Suzi, why don't you go on over to Kerry's gallery where she has a bunch of sketches posted. Pick a simple one, just grab some printed paper and some cardstock and let it guide you!
Just a thought!