PDA

View Full Version : A reminder

Sherry
02-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey ladies,

In case you missed it in my post...

If you have made recent donation to The Stamp Shack and your status is not at Shack Member level, please contact me via PM. I simply may have overlooked you. My daughter was playing with my computer a few months back and somehow deleted some very important records of mine including my donations list.

Also, if you are a current member of this website and you feel that the membership fee is not in your current budget, please contact me privately. I don't want to see anyone leave the website due to financial reasons!

Thanks!
Sherry

emmcee
02-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Sherry, just kind of wondering, when I make my check or money order out for $10 do you get the full $10 or should I make this for like $11 or $12 so you get the full $10. I know there is some kind of money exchange and I want you to get the full amount. Others may want to know this too, maybe.

Thanks as always for your help :)

Sherry
02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Michelle,

Let me try to explain how all of this works, haha. Keep in mind that I haven't had coffee yet so I hope this comes out okay :)

All of my hosting accounts/message board subscription fees/swap board coding fees are in US dollars and so is my PayPal account. So, if you pay for a subsciption via Paypal, there is no money converting that has to be done. The only thing that happens is that paypal immediately takes off $0.58 cents for every $10 that I receive. Paying via PayPal is the preferred method of payment because all of the money received sits in there until I am ready to dispurse it to the hosting company or wherever.

When paying by check or money order, I have to physically take this to the bank and I have the choice of either cashing it in US funds or Canadian funds. So, if you send me a check for $10 US and I cash for US funds, I will get $10 US. If I cash for Canadian funds, I will receive $11.64 CAD (by today's exchange rates).

This is how I will most likely do this. I will cash out in Canadian funds, add all of the funds to my bank account and then transfer the money from my bank account to my paypal account. Since my paypal account is in US funds, I will be transferring $11.64 CAD into US funds which will then most likely give me back the $10 US again.

Does any of this make sense??:confused: LOL!

GrammaStamper
02-20-2007, 07:43 AM
WOW! Are you an accountant, too! Yes, Sherry, it makes sense. Coffee time now. I'm still in Toronto, but checked in last night and have already paid my membership. Lots of changes, but all for the good, Sherry.