PDA

View Full Version : My gosh why isn't it 4 yet

Erin K
02-20-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm freaking out a little here. He was napping but all the sudden he was shaking in his sleep so I picked him up for a cuddle and he was so hot. Like don't touch the oven hot. I took his pants off, he hates pants anyhow and just cried and clung to me. Where is my thermometer? I gave him another doese of tylenol and he's still super hot. I know he probably only feels like he's 200 degrees but it's just scarry, if he didn't settle back down I was going to take him to the ER. I know at this point he'd see the Dr faster if we wait till 4 than if we go to the ER anyhow, they take forever and it's not like he's dieing or anything so we'd have to wait. This came on so suddenly too. I hate sickness in my children. I know I'm being a big wimp and whiner but you know right...

I gotta go hug and cuddle him more.

ccstampin12
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I remember how worried we were when our kids were sick.
I hope he will feel better soon.
Joanie

logcabincreations
02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Try a cool wash cloth.

Jan

iloveflipflops
02-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Its so scary when your kiddos are sick. I remember!!! Even now, its still scary if they run a high fever.

I was going to say the same as Jan, try a cool wash cloth, turning it over every so often. Poor thing!!!

Spartymom
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Try to cool him down and find your ther'mom'eter. Moms usually know best by the touch don't we. Hope he gets better soon. Kim

teabear
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
You can also put him in a cool bath or take him in for a cool shower with you. He won't like it, but it helps bring down the fever a bit. Hang in there, Erin. Big hugs to you.

directmailscrapper
02-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't blame you a bit! I HATE it when Emily is sick! It's even scary when they get older and get sick. We don't run to the doctor with every sniffle or 100 degree temperature -- but I would take him to the Nitetime Pediatrics or whatever you have there. Hopefully he'll have strep -- my all time favorite. I love strep as a diagnosis because 24-hours on antibiotics and they feel great and can go back to school! A virus stinks -- it has to go away by itself and can take days (or longer).

Good luck, Erin, and hopefully your little guy will be feeling better soon!

Nancy

stampcrazyjulie
02-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I alternate the Tylenol with Motrin which my Dr. recommended & it really seems to help. Also with Jack we use ice packs (wrapped in a towel or pillow case.) He always get's high fever's, and we are so afraid that he will have a Febrile Seizure again, so fever's are really scary for us when he gets them....

Good Luck! :)

toao
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I didn't read your entire post earlier. I hope he's okay! Get that boy to a doctor if this has been going on all day. I know it's scary. I HATE when my baby is sick.

mary

Swanie78
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Poor kiddo! I dont know which little guy this is, but I hope he's feeling better soon!
My brother was the fever kid. Usually the only way we knew he was sick. Me on the other hand, Ive only had about 5 fevers in my life! Of course, my normal temp runs about 97.2 so even when Im "normal" Id be a little feverish.

Nadine
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Poor little guy... I hope he feels better soon.

kulakid
02-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Fevers are scary...Tyson had one a few weeks ago that lasted 6 days!!! Motrin is great, "better" at getting the fever down - IMO, and 2 doctors...

I guess it's finally past 4 o'clock for you - hope all is well!