PDA

View Full Version : A small change...

Sherry
02-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey guys,

The more I thought about things the more I realized that it was unfair to totally lock out the accounts of non-paying members. I was simply following instructions provided to me on how to create a membership based website and thought that this was the way things had to be. I tinkered around with some settings this evening and have decided to allow "expired trial users" the ability to post messages in the "Shack Talk" forums. They will, unfortunately, be unable to post in any other forum.

Also, expired trial users still have access to their swaps on swap board. The swap board for "members only" will not take effect for another month or so to allow the current swaps to be completed.

Hopefully, this change will make life a little easier for you guys. Please accept my apologies.

Erin K
02-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Will they still have member profiles? I ask because there are a number of people in my flood swap who didn't switch and their profiles are gone so I don't have their addresses. I was about to make a post that I'd have to rule nonmembers out but with this change I don't know if that's necessary. Am I making sense? I guess I'll need people to convert anyhow because my flood will still be going on in a month... maybe I should cancel it and start a new one? I mean in a month? I don't know what to do.

Sherry
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Let me see what I can tinker with in regards to member profiles...I will get back to you on this one :)

Deborah
02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh my, what a headache for you, making this switch. I really LIKE this change though! It'll all sort itself out, keep the faith everybody. :notworthy:

Erin K
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree, I love the idea of the paid memberships. Don't worry too much about my swap I think it's the only ongoing one on there right now, so worst case (and maybe this will work best anyhow) I'll close it down and then reopen it when the swap board gets all sorted out in the next few months. It's not like we can't RAK people without there being a specific flood swap you know?

The point is that your plate is full, don't worry about this. :) We love you Sherry! I want to be the friend who lightens the load not increases it. :)