PDA

View Full Version : Tilapia Recipe?

teabear
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I remember a recipe for tilapia that Sherri posted...did anybody keep it. I can't find it and I bought tilapia for dinner tonight. I can improvise if needed, but I wanted to try something new. Thanks.

workin4stamps
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Here is a link to one that I posted a while back. I know that Jennifer (inkinupstamps) has tried it and loved it! I'm not sure if anyone else did, but from the reviews it has gotten, it looks like a winner to me!!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

Traci

iloveflipflops
02-21-2007, 08:19 PM
All I do Tami is: I mix some flour, salt & pepper on a plate. Dip the fish into that and coat on both sides. Cook it on top of the stove (I usually add a little butter to the pan) until done. Cooks real fast. mmmmm good!!

maxiesmom
02-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I can also attest that the recipe Traci posted is indeed yummy. I think we have had it weekly for a month now. I keep asking, how do you want me to cook it? Oh that way we did it is fine. I'm starting to need a change, Sherri's sure sounds easy!

teabear
02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Yum! Thanks so much. I think Traci's recipe is the one I was looking for. Yours sounds good, too, Sherri. Off to cook dinner :)

workin4stamps
02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I have Tilapia in my freezer. Can you believe I haven't tried it yet???

Traci

Erin K
02-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I make that one Traci posted almost once a week now! :)

laos348
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
If you want it real easy and you like garlic, we just put the fish in a baking dish, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and spread minced garlic over the fish. Bake at 350 for about 20 min (a little longer if frozen).

Laura

teabear
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm reporting back on Traci's recipe....it was a unanimous YUMMY vote. You must try this one and it's so fast and easy, too! Thanks Traci.

maxiesmom
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I've made an adjustment on the tilapia recipe. I don't add the melted butter to the other stuff. It seemed to make it too runny and it all sort of slid off the fish. I do the other stuff so it is still somewhat thick and before we eat I pour the melted butter over our individual servings. This also allowed me to use less butter, I have been using half the amount.
First time in like a month we haven't had it to eat this week.

swapin cards
03-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Take the fillets and shake in a bag with seasonings of your choice. For my husband and his diet restrictions that would be one of the Mrs. Dash"s seasonings.
Spray a pan with a Garlic flavored spray.
Pan fry on one side.
When you turn to the other side, add some salsa and this will form a juice of it's own.
Tasty, quick and a good source of protein.
This may also be broiled. Then add the salsa at the last minute.