PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this?

GrammaStamper
10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I ordered, online, some product from a store in Cambridge, ON. The $22.68 CDN was charged to my VISA on Oct. 5th. I still have not received the goods. I called the store yesterday morning, left a message requesting someone call me back. I gave them the dates and what I had ordered, etc. No one called, so around 4 pm, called again and left another message and requested a call before end of business that day. No call.

Should I call again?

Should I have someone local call them in case they have call display and just won't answer my call?

Should I contact VISA and see what they can do?

Would it be appropriate, when this is resolved, to let people know on this MB which store it was?

While it's not so much the $22.68 that annoys me, it's not getting service. This is a $20 billion dollar a year industry and there should be no place for stores to take money and not deliver. Just my thoughts, what about you?

MidwestStamper
10-31-2006, 08:12 AM
I would call again, and in your message tell them that if you don't hear back, you'll be contacting VISA to stop payment. It's been over 3 weeks--some contact should've been made as to the status of your order!

stampcrazyjulie
10-31-2006, 09:42 AM
I would call back one more time, and ask to speak with the Manager or Owner. I would tell them how unhappy you are at this point & would like this resolved today. Advise them that you would like the stuff reshipped if it was even shipped overnight at their expense. Advise them if you do not receive your goods, you will be takeing further action and leave it at that.

I would post who it is, that way others know not to buy from them! Even if you get your stuff, it still was bad Customer Service & took forever to receive.

I hope that you get your stuff Barb! That's not fun to get all excited about ordering stuff, & then have it never come! What a disappointment!

Good Luck!

lost luggage
10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Here is my take on this and I am the QUEEN of online shopping:

Check the website for the store hours..make sure you are not calling during their closed time.

Double check the site for information regarding their processing times.

Check your spam or junk email folder to make sure you didn't miss their order confirmation email...

It's too soon to contact Visa.. If you have not heard from them 30 days from the date you placed your order, then call Visa. Tell them you are being billed for goods not received. That will get the store's attention.

I have placed hundreds and hundreds of orders online over the years...I prefer this than leaving my house. LOL I have only had to charge back one company... Bodine's in San Fransisco for horrible service. (idiots, actually) I think your order will show up...maybe they are just slow.

It's a sad thing really...but some company's have these websites and don't know what to do with them. When I am browsing, and I see a link that says "for questions or comments, please click here" I ALWAYS send a question. If they don't answer me, then I don't shop there. ;)

GrammaStamper
10-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks, ladies, excellent advice. I really like that one for asking questions. If they don't respond to questions, good plan not to shop there. Thanks to each of you.