PDA

View Full Version : smells like other people

Erin K
02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
So I got a recliner from that guy across the street! It was only $15. It's way comfy. Well its in here now and it smells like other people. I mean it doesn't stink at all, they smell fine, just like it's a forign smell in my home you know? Have you ever noticed that? Like if you borrow your friend's sweater how it smells like her and not you? My mom's all stuff smells just like mine! She smells like home, my dad and stepmom smell totally alien to me. It actually freaks me out so much I bring my own pillows and stuff to their house! I think about bringing my own towels, but how can you do that without offending them? It's not a bad smell, it's just super alien to me.

anyhow I sprayed the recliner all over with fabreze, so I'm trying to keep the boys in their rooms until it dries, you know they will be all over it.

It's just funny you know? I wonder if my normal stuff smell is good to people or all alien and strange? I hope I'm not everyone's stinky friend? We have Fred for that you know?

ccstampin12
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM
You ALWAYS make me laugh!
Good luck with your odors!
LOL
Joanie

lisaguyon
02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
My DH can tell if I have been at my mom and dads even if just for a few minutes. They smoke and when I am in their home I do not smell it but they gave my 21 yo a chester drawer and when I got it home I could smell the smoke as no one smokes in my house.

Lisa

cindi
02-22-2007, 05:36 PM
get Brian to sit in the new chair for awhile then it will smell like him..and you'll be happy!
I say let the man scent it up! LOL
:)

hbpuppy
02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
You are so funny Erin.LOL. You come up with the most random stuff.

Christie
I know what ya mean Erin. I always smell like my mom's house when I get home. I like to take my own pillows places too. Maybe some people just have a better sniffer then others! LOL!

ellie
Yeah, I know just what you mean. I always wonder what MY house smells like when others come in. After 4 sons, dh, and a dog, well, you know...:confused: I have had the same friends for many years so it can't be THAT bad...they keep coming back.
Hey Erin, just wait until your boys are into "body noises"!

Spartymom
02-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I know what you mean about smells, smoke smells and inlaw houses smells. When my family get home from their house, it's nice to be in our own smell. Funny topic. Why did you buy the chair in the first place? Glad it's comfy? Kim

Erin K
02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Sassy our pee cat peed on our loveseat one too many times, maybe a thousand too many, anyhow we never sat in it so we didn't notice.. EWWWW I kicked the cats out a few months back and they are fine. So I needed another place to sit, one couch isn't enough.

It smells like fabreze in here now. And other person couch smell too.

Christie
02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Give it time ERin. That smell will go away and smell like you in no time!!

teabear
02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
LOL! Erin you are so funny. I just got a couple of hand me down recliners and they totally smell like other people. I keep forgetting to buy febreze, so when I sit in them, I smell like someone else. My point is that I totally understand!

stampinmom3
02-22-2007, 07:05 PM
So funny! I understand too. This topic is so relevant to all of us, if we would admit it. LOL

Spartymom
02-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Erin, I do remember you kickin out the cats, not realizing you had no couch either! Hope the comfy chair is good. My girls and DH just saw the dancing kitty. They loved it. Kim

Swanie78
02-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Most times I like the way other peoples stuff smells.
Im so used to my own smell on my stuff now it doesnt have a smell to me. that sounds weird...LOL!
And I dont like the towels at my aunt and uncles house either...not because of the type of towels, but because they make you wipe down the shower with your towel before you get out to prevent spots. It makes the towels smell sour, even if they are washed immediately. Ick! Id rather have a spotty shower...lol

Erin K
02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
That is very yucky Kelly. Ewwww, I'd just skip the shower and go home dirty!

SallyLou
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
My little great niece gave my son a hug and said you smell like your mom and your house!! We just had to laugh. My sister thinks her laundry smells great and when I get a hand me down from her, it immediately goes into the laundry to get rid of that smell, I can't stand it. (Just don't tell her, that is our little secret.) I know what you mean Erin.
Sally

Nancy
02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
a type of leather like material, if it is that, wash it with Murphys Oil Soap and it will change the entire smell of it.

I never go anyplace without my pillow, flying or otherwise. It just makes me feel more comfortable. - Nancy