PDA

View Full Version : Busy Time For Me

mahodgman
10-31-2006, 08:41 AM
I'm finally getting a few minutes to check in and read some posts. I've been frantic the last few days getting ready for a craft show this week. I just now finished labeling everything I have finished. I might be able to make a few more cards before Thursday, but that is probably it. I'll take some pics once I get my table all set up so you can see. This weekend is my annual knitting retreat, and I'm excited about that too. And, my new bathtub/surround gets installed on Monday. Who hoo, how am I going to handle all this excitement? Congrats to Tami for winnng the Haunted Shack Night drawing! Happy Halloween everyone!

Jadyeebugsaunt
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Mary,
Good luck with everything, Remember to breath every once in awhile!
Mindy

inkinupstamps
10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Everything sounds really exciting for you! I hope you'll post photos of it all and also I send you best wishes for a successful craft fair. I'll be eager to hear all about it once it is finished. SEND PHOTOS! :cool:

I need your help with knitting. I knitted when I was a young girl, but for some crazy reason, I just can't do it anymore. Partly due to my arthritic hands and poor eyesight, but I have been trying and trying to get back into it. There sure are some gorgeous yarns available.

All that to say that I'll be thinking about you at your knitting retreat! HOW FUN! :D

stampcrazyjulie
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Luck, Mary! I don't know how you do it! Please post a picture when you can, we would all love to see your goodies since we know how creative you are!

emmcee
10-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi Mary

Good luck to you at your craft show this weekend. My craft show is this weekend also and I'm pretty busy myself tying up loose ends. :confused:

Happy Halloween! I hope you get lots of treats and few tricks.

mahodgman
10-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Everything sounds really exciting for you! I hope you'll post photos of it all and also I send you best wishes for a successful craft fair. I'll be eager to hear all about it once it is finished. SEND PHOTOS! :cool:

I need your help with knitting. I knitted when I was a young girl, but for some crazy reason, I just can't do it anymore. Partly due to my arthritic hands and poor eyesight, but I have been trying and trying to get back into it. There sure are some gorgeous yarns available.

All that to say that I'll be thinking about you at your knitting retreat! HOW FUN! :D

Jennifer, I'd love to help you with your knitting, but long distance is really hard! I wish we all lived close enough to visit in person. There is an excellent book for beginners with great photos and instructions called The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville. It has been out for a few years now, and there are others in the series. I always recommend this book because there are some awsome, easy patterns for beginners and experienced knitters alike. Every time the pattern tells you to do something new, it tells you where to find the instructions with photos. Check it out. I have seen it at Ms and Js where you can use a coupon. I think the cover price is about $20 USD.

laos348
10-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Good luck Mary with the craft show. Mine starts on the 14th so I know how you're feeling!

Laura

inkinupstamps
10-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Jennifer, I'd love to help you with your knitting, but long distance is really hard! I wish we all lived close enough to visit in person. There is an excellent book for beginners with great photos and instructions called The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville. It has been out for a few years now, and there are others in the series. I always recommend this book because there are some awsome, easy patterns for beginners and experienced knitters alike. Every time the pattern tells you to do something new, it tells you where to find the instructions with photos. Check it out. I have seen it at Ms and Js where you can use a coupon. I think the cover price is about $20 USD.

This book sounds fantastic! I just may use my Michael's coupon for this book and one for my daughter too. Once I have it and begin my project, I'll email you for help, advice and moral support, ok?

Thanks again!:)

midnitecreations
10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
I loved doing craft shows and still miss the adreline right before the show. Hope it is a very successful one for you.
renu

jdpisces
10-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Good luck to you, Mary! You are so talented that I know all of your dedication will pay off! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Julie

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I know you are going to be a hit! You do such fabulous work. I would be there to support you if I was a lived closer to you. Let us know how it goes!

HAVE FUN!

:) Jane

Erin K
10-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow sounds like it's all fun and happy though so I'm thrilled for you!

Definately put pics of your booth!

kulakid
10-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Best of luck! I can't wait to see all of your creations!!!!

mahodgman
10-31-2006, 07:34 PM
This book sounds fantastic! I just may use my Michael's coupon for this book and one for my daughter too. Once I have it and begin my project, I'll email you for help, advice and moral support, ok?

Thanks again!:)

Absolutely! I'll help in any way I can.