PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a Judgment House update?

toao
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Do any of the churches in your area do Judgment House?

Mary

stampcrazyjulie
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
What is it, Mary? I have never heard of it before....

toao
10-31-2006, 10:05 AM
usually done at a church. It takes about an hour to walk through. There are actors that portray real life events. (It's like a play almost, except you move from scene to scene) This year's theme was a school shooting. (Which our church chose over 6 months ago, not knowing that in recent months we would see several) In the end, we show our guests the path that each of these "students" chose for their lives. Each was given an opportunity in the presentation to accept or reject Christ. The last 2 scenes show a glimpse of Hell and Heaven. It's an awesome presentation. We've sent over 700 people through it in the last 3 nights. Tonight we are expecting another 300 or more.

Thanks for asking.
Mary

cindi
10-31-2006, 11:00 AM
I've never seen anything like that. That will make a person stop and think, won't it!!

toao
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
We have had 88 decisions for Christ.

Mary

stampcrazyjulie
10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Very interesting! My Church did something like that for Christmas a few years ago. It was pretty neat. It only took about 20 minutes to get through the whole thing, then we had Dinner afterwards.

Spartymom
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
and that you picked a theme and it's actually been occuring more often. What an eye opener.
Kim

LinzyD
11-01-2006, 12:32 AM
I wish I was there and could go through...
I went through something similar in college but it was dealing with racisim. I have never considered myself to be a racist at all but it really made me a lot more sensitive after going through it. Everyone in my group was dead silent the entire time.
I'm sure your church is touching hundreds of lives!
TFS!
Linzy

toao
11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
All total we sent through 898 people and 117 accepted Christ into their hearts. Tonight was slower than the other nights, but we still had a great time and can't wait to share the news with our church family on Sunday morning.

Thanks for all of your comments on this thread.

Mary