PDA

View Full Version : Doing a SU Stamp Camp This Afternoon

mahodgman
02-24-2007, 09:37 AM
It is going to be fun! Anita/alh, Kelly/Swanie78, Nicole/ngreek, Darlene/BWillow and Shera/StampinShera are all going to be there. I can't wait to see what surprises our demo has in store for us today!

Swanie78
02-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Im so excited! And I cant sleep :( I took an hour nap.
This post reminds me that I need to stick my camera battery on the charger.
Oh, and Craftmart doesnt have a coupon this week :( If I find the punch there, do you want me to pay full price? The Mega's are $19.99 there. (thats the one you want right? The Mega oval?)

MidwestStamper
02-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh, I'm so envious of so many of you being able to get together! A Stamp Camp sounds fun too!

mahodgman
02-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Im so excited! And I cant sleep :( I took an hour nap.
This post reminds me that I need to stick my camera battery on the charger.
Oh, and Craftmart doesnt have a coupon this week :( If I find the punch there, do you want me to pay full price? The Mega's are $19.99 there. (thats the one you want right? The Mega oval?)

Yes, I'm willing to pay full price.....I want it that bad! I'm fine with the Mega or the Giga (pink or purple/lavender) oval scallop. Thanks so much!

smileycollector
02-24-2007, 09:47 AM
This sounds SO FUN!!! Sure do wish I could join you! Please take pix and plan on giving us a full report of your fun and creativity today!! :)

Lidia, we need to plan a get-together here in the Midwest!!

teabear
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Have a fun time today. Can't wait to see pics of the fun.

hutchink
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Have a great time together! Can't wait to see all of your creations!

~K

stampinmom3
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
OH, how fun. Have a great time girls.

toao
02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow. how exciting! I wish I could be there with you all. POst us some pics later.

Mary

Erin K
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm so jelous! :)

directmailscrapper
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi Mary! How was your camp? Our was fine -- I'm not crazy about all of the projects we made but that wasn't the point of going! Lots of great ladies and conversation. A couple of the cards were really nice. How about you? Be sure to post what you made! Nancy

mahodgman
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm home, and I totally forgot to take pics! Sorry I'm such a dork! It was a great time, and we made some really cool stuff. I'll go get the camera out now and post some stuff.

Erin K
02-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I have a question:

Mary made a TON of projects! Is that normal? I have only done a few workshops and I've just done like two or three projects... Should I be doing that much? How can your demo afford it? Do they charge for these camps? I don't charge... Is two projects enough?

mahodgman
02-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a question:

Mary made a TON of projects! Is that normal? I have only done a few workshops and I've just done like two or three projects... Should I be doing that much? How can your demo afford it? Do they charge for these camps? I don't charge... Is two projects enough?

Stamp camp costs $25 and last for like 4 hours. My demo does the camp with her downline, so I think there were 3 or 4 demos there and each of them brought thier customers. There are door prizes and food that they have made. For workshops, this demo has a monthly one where you make 4 things and she usually makes some kind of food; it costs $6. She is the queen of the dollar store too, so lots of times there will be something other than a card. She does a couple of clubs where you commit to spending $15 per month and one month you get to be hostess. Everyone who is in the club doesn't go to club night, you sign up if you want to go. Then quarterly she does a camp. I have another demo who only does a monthly workshop at her house and it costs $5; I think we usually make 4 cards.

I think you are doing fine with 2 projects especially if it is a hosted workshop. That seems normal to me.

mahodgman
02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I forgot to say that the demo who does the camps charges for hosted workshops. I don't like that she does that, and I've never hosted one with her. She usually does 4 projects. My other demo does not charge for hosted workshops, and I usually have 2 a year with her. At the hosted ones she makes like 2 or 3 cards.

Swanie78
02-25-2007, 04:08 AM
I had SO MUCH fun at ours!! Sorry you didnt have a great time Nancy :( Maybe next time you should make the trip here ;)
We did TONS of stuff! I think someone said it was 7 cards and 3 projects. I didnt count and havent taken my stuff out of my bag yet. I got SO MANY good ideas!
I got a few pictures of some samples that Ill try and post before I go to bed. Ive been up since 6pm Friday night, and Im trying to stay awake a little longer so I sleep later in the day to work tonight.
We didnt get pictures AGAIN Mary!! Infact, I hardly saw you....lol But I hung out with your sister a lot...she cracks me up...I love her!! I did two of her cards that she didnt get to (they cleaned up the third before I could get to it), so she says Im better than you now :P ;)
Let me know when you guys get together again, even if its an impromptu meetup. Once I get my room set up Ill invite you guys up here. We can do a Lasting Memories/Craft Mart run then get to business...lol

mahodgman
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I had SO MUCH fun at ours!! Sorry you didnt have a great time Nancy :( Maybe next time you should make the trip here ;)
We did TONS of stuff! I think someone said it was 7 cards and 3 projects. I didnt count and havent taken my stuff out of my bag yet. I got SO MANY good ideas!
I got a few pictures of some samples that Ill try and post before I go to bed. Ive been up since 6pm Friday night, and Im trying to stay awake a little longer so I sleep later in the day to work tonight.
We didnt get pictures AGAIN Mary!! Infact, I hardly saw you....lol But I hung out with your sister a lot...she cracks me up...I love her!! I did two of her cards that she didnt get to (they cleaned up the third before I could get to it), so she says Im better than you now :P ;)
Let me know when you guys get together again, even if its an impromptu meetup. Once I get my room set up Ill invite you guys up here. We can do a Lasting Memories/Craft Mart run then get to business...lol

Sucker! She wanted me to do the 2 cards at the one table when I was saying goodbye, but I didn't fall for it! It was crazy fun! Camps are definitely not the ideal setting for visiting with all the moving around. We made 5 cards, three non-cards and the bonus album. That is a ton of stuff for 4 hours! I think I only finished when I did because when I got to the milk carton, I was all alone at the table and the demo helped me. I would have been there for hours trying to figure out how to fold it...lol

It's a date! Get your room together woman!

Erin K
02-25-2007, 10:20 AM
How fun! Well now I know the difference between these fancy camps and just workshops. I think I'll stick to like two projects but no charge instead of trying to do more and charging. :)

Erin K
02-25-2007, 10:21 AM
OH and I didn't realize yall were at the SAME one when you put your pics and I was like, "Oh my! they have copycat demos, they did the same projects!" Then I saw you were at the same one. heehee

mahodgman
02-25-2007, 10:27 AM
OH and I didn't realize yall were at the SAME one when you put your pics and I was like, "Oh my! they have copycat demos, they did the same projects!" Then I saw you were at the same one. heehee

LOL, I didn't see Kelly's pics. Anita/alh introduced me to this demo a couple of years ago at the same time my sister found her....they both invited me to the same workshop back then. Now Anita and Kelly have recently signed up as her downline. It is a small stamping world around here!