PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow what day!

Erin K
10-31-2006, 01:16 PM
I decide to WALK to the grocery store (about a mile) with the boys in the stroller.

On the way there there is dead cat on the path, Stephen loves cats and got all excited then confused, I told him the kitty was sleeping. (I have no idea if that was right, but I'm not teaching a one year old about death today.

I stuff the stroller basket FULL of groceries, they barely fit and weigh a ton.

On the way home, thankfully Stephen didn't notice the kitty.

I get home and start ballanceing the check book, I"m off like $100 but the bank thinks we have more than I do so it's not an emergency, I'm trying to figure it out when I realize Stephen's sorta quiet.

I go in the living room and he has gotten a hold of the carpet fresh shaking stuff and dumped it ALL out on the floor and is using that popper thingie to "vaccume" it up.

After really vaccumeing up the floor (which I just did last night by the way!) Ethan freaks out and has to nurse RIGHT THEN

So I'm nursing Ethan and reading emails when Stephen comes up to me...

Covered in cat litter and holding two clumps!!! He puts one right on Ethan's head before I know what's happening. (yes, the head that's attached to my boob!)

I put ethan down on the floor, and grap Stephen to wash him up.

He even has litter in his MOUTH. I know it's so gross I can't even think straight and Ethan is screaming because I pulled him off the nursing suddenly.

I finally got everyone clean and reasonalby happy and now I'm writing this!!!

lost luggage
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh mylanta!! Erin- what a morning!!

THANK god we don't have a cat anymore. That's all I can think about after reading your escapade. Too bad you're still nursing (well, not for the baby, but you know what I mean) because I'd join you in an internet shot of tequilla!

flyingflower
10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
1) OMG, what next?!

2) Someday this will be really funny - maybe the story to tell at his wedding.

3) Are you a scrapbooker and do you take the pictures first, then wash up...?

stampcrazyjulie
10-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh Erin! I can see it all now! I am laughing with you of course! It all sounds like a typical day around my House! I hope that everything calms down for you soon....maybe a nap is in order! :)

Erin K
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
well they are both napping now.

I gotta go check on my soup, yes, somehow in the mix I'm also making homemade soup! SUPER ERIN!

iloveflipflops
10-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Ya gotta laugh about it or you would cry, right? ha ha

Hope your day goes better after their naps :)

GrammaStamper
10-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh Erin, that's too hilarious, but not for you, I'm sure. Your tales bring back memories that are nothing short of wonderful now that they are behind me. And believe it or not, you will have joy in remembering these tales in a few, short years.

Spartymom
10-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Yet, at the moment you just want to cry, but then again you are the best mom. Days like this are crazy. Kim

Erin K
10-31-2006, 07:54 PM
there's more can you blieve it/?
I set fire to the kitchen! Actually it was just one egg, in a pan.

I'm ready to scratch this day off the calendar for sure!

cindi
10-31-2006, 08:15 PM
you need a hug! (((((HUGS))))) now I gotta tell you I was cracking up reading that!! I know it's not funny to you, but as single girl with no kids...it's funny! Sorry
:)