PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with Shackies

ellie
02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Today, Sherri, TreeClimber, and I went on a road trip to The Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville NC. We started out at 8 am and didn't get back for 14 hours!!! We literally "shopped til we dropped!" This is a stamp/scrapbook store that is 5,000 sq feet. There is also a seperate little house next door that has all kinds of scrapbook goodies. We met up with VictorianRose, shopped, chatted and shopped some more. After lunch, we found another wonderful scrapbook store then went on to AC Moore AND Michael's. What a blast!

hbpuppy
02-24-2007, 11:19 PM
What an adventure. Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you got a lot of fun goodies to play with.

iloveflipflops
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I thought i would come home and collapse but now I am too wound up to go to sleep! ha ha

Everyone else is asleep though :). I am having my hot cocoa and getting caught up here.

I would love to play with my new stamps but I will have to do that tomorrow.

edie3
02-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Did anyone at Scrapbook Traditions talk about what happened across the street at a bar called Red Rooster? A policeman was shot and killed early Friday morning, and the road the store is on was closed Friday during the day. I was wondering if the store was able to open on Friday.
I feel so sorry for the policeman's family. He had 2 kids.

mjbonoan
02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! How lucky can you get, I live out in the boonies in a rural area, have to travel over 200 miles to San Antonio, Tx to go anywhere decent to buy goodies!!!

ellie
02-24-2007, 11:55 PM
edie, tell me more about the policeman...what happened? Was it a robbery? That is awful. No one said anything to me.

edie3
02-25-2007, 12:24 AM
He was responding to a call for backup, a fight was happening at the club, and security (off duty sheriff deputy) called for back up. If you go to www.wxii.com (http://www.wxii.com) there are more details.

I hope I did not spoil this post with this sad news. I am glad ya'll had fun!