PDA

View Full Version : exercise ball

edie3
02-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Does anyone use one? Any links to sites with good exercises or do you have any tips or tricks?

scrappinnuts
02-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Edie.. I have one mostly use it for Therapy, I am an Occupational Therapist I work with kids.. I use it for Trunk control..but I do use it sometimes for exercis for me..great for the legs and ABDS. I am sur you can find exercises if you google it.. Try calling it a Theraball..that might work.. great support for your lower back when you are doing sit ups with it. Have fun. Terry

JBgreendawn
03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I have one,
I've started leaving it out in the living room all the time, so sometimes i roll it in front of the computer instead of sitting in this (good) chair.
I have only tried the exercises that came printed on the sheet with it though,
hth,

Christie
03-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I use one sometimes. I love doing stretches on it. There are several exerciese for it. You can do push-ups on it, by placing your feet on the ball and then doing push-ups. Ab work of course is wonderful on it. You can also lie on your back and put your feet in the air and stick the ball between your legs and squeeze. You can also lie on your back and put your heels on the ball and then lift up, this is great for your back side. There is just so much you can do. Have fun!

naturemama
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Edie,

I just got a ball myself and haven't used it yet. Thanks for asking about exercises using the ball because I'm curious about that as well. Ours came with some basic information but other advice is very appreciated.

Clarissa
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I have one at the request of my PT but just recently purchased "the bean" (it should arrive today or tomorrow) I actually ordered it from a TV ad!!! It's kinda like the ball but shaped to support your neck and lumbar.

We'll see how that goes.

moosemama
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
I have one and I use it all the time! Depending on the brand it may have come with a video tape and chart of exercises. There are so many things you can do on the ball it's impossible to name them all. A good one for your inner thighs is to stand and somewhat brace the ball with your feet and knees(both feet and knees are more around the sides of the ball than at the back) don't sit but bend the knees and then squeeze the ball with your thighs. You can also do a one legged lunge by placing the ball behind you and then putting one foot and shin on the ball and then lunge straight down NOT FORWARD! Make sure the ball is far enough behind you so you have a long stance. HTH. Have fun!!