PDA

View Full Version : Chat room

mjbonoan
02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone... I guess I have a silly question, but I've gone into the Chat Room almost everyday and no one ever chats there. Why is that?

cindi
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a couple minutes..then I must go to bed!!
:)

Sherry
02-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I think the chatroom is most busy in the early morning and late evening. I have gone in many times but nobody was there.

I was tossing around the idea of adding some sort of audio capabilities to the chat room so that users could get out their microphones and chat like we were all sitting in one big room. If the chatroom doesn't get used very often, there's not much sense in doing this, right?

Erin K
02-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Well I know what would make ME go in more.

You know at the bottom of the forums page (that's where right?) it says "no users currently in the chat" or lists who is.. Can that be also on the "New Posts" page? I'll be honest I read almost exclusively off the New Posts page. So sometimes I won't notice that anyone is in there! If I don't have a handful of fussing babies I'll almost always go in if anyone is in there.

I do like the chat even if I don't use it as much as I should. :)

loobylou
02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
What a great idea Erin- an alert box that shows at the top of new posts would be fabulous. I check the chat room when I first log in, then like you, I click on new posts and wade my way thru them. Sometimes people are in there and I don't even know.
Even if we could just have a number next to or under the Chatroom Button on the navigation bar then we could see if anyone is in there. I am not picky who I chat to, so the names don't really matter to me!!! Yep, i admit it- i chat around with anyone here- you are all very interesting people and I am always happy to make new friends!!
sarah

Heading to chat right now

Erin K
02-25-2007, 10:02 AM
OH yea, a number would be fine! Maybe it could be a color if there is someone in there and a different color if empty? But yea I don't care who it is, I'll crash into anyone's conversations!

Christie
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Chat is busy off and on all day during the week. It seems on the weekends it's not so busy during the day.

Sherry
02-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, The Shack is typically very quiet on the weekends. I seriously think ya'll are visiting the Shack while at work! Heehee

shuggy
02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
i wish! i do all my shackin' from home!!!

dgbearsmom
02-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, The Shack is typically very quiet on the weekends. I seriously think ya'll are visiting the Shack while at work! Heehee

Ha! If I attempt to access this wonderful site at work, I get a big ugly message that says "WARNING You are being reported to your manager for violating the NAIC Internet usage policy." So I don't even try anymore. As much as I'd love to be on here all day during the week gotta pay the mortgage, ya know?

Judy

Erin K
02-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Ha! If I attempt to access this wonderful site at work, I get a big ugly message that says "WARNING You are being reported to your manager for violating the NAIC Internet usage policy." So I don't even try anymore. As much as I'd love to be on here all day during the week gotta pay the mortgage, ya know?

Judy

OUCH! That's harsh.

moon_beam23
02-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Sssshhhhhhhhh Sherry don't give away our secret!! :cool:

Chat is kind of a hit or miss thing, sometimes you find someone in there and sometimes you won't!

Sherry
02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Well I know what would make ME go in more.

You know at the bottom of the forums page (that's where right?) it says "no users currently in the chat" or lists who is.. Can that be also on the "New Posts" page? I'll be honest I read almost exclusively off the New Posts page. So sometimes I won't notice that anyone is in there! If I don't have a handful of fussing babies I'll almost always go in if anyone is in there.

I do like the chat even if I don't use it as much as I should. :)

As always, ask and ye just might receive ;)

spredbirds
02-26-2007, 08:01 AM
I like the new chat room indicator. - Chelsea

lisaguyon
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM

I know I visit the Shack quite often during my work day....:err: BUT my bosses know it. Lisa