PDA

View Full Version : Stamping Poll - How long have you been stamping????

iloveflipflops
10-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Just was curious, how long have you been stamping? And how did you get started?

I have been stamping for about 5 years now, swapping for 2 1/2 years. I went to a Creative Memories scrapbooking weekend with my best friend Amy in WI. I told her "why am I going to this thing since i don't scrapbook?" She said just come and read a book. So I went for the weekend, I brought 5 books thinking I would actually read all these books (that's funny in itself since I never read anymore). So anyway, I am not able to read any of my books because i am having too much fun laughing, talking, etc. watching everyone do their scrapbooking. Amy says "Here, try to stamp something". I was like "What is stamping?" and the rest is history. I stamped about 40 gift tags that weekend and there was a SU rep there so I placed my first big order that night.

So I was hooked from day #1 (But I still do not want to scrapbook). ha ha

Sherri

GrammaStamper
10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
So, only about 10 months for me. I was a scrapbooker (probably will be again someday), but find 1,00's of photos overwhelming.

When we moved to Thunder Bay, I looked for an SU rep, she was giving a demonstration that very night so I went and placed a huge order. I was desparate for something to do with my days as I didn't know anybody here.

Then, sometime in February, I found the PCMB, right around the time Who Moi passed away. The outpouring of love for that woman from all of those people just amazed me. Just thinking about it I'm tearing up and I didn't even have the priviledge of knowing Lori except through those women (most of whom are here now). So, I joined the PCMB. The rest is history.......

Great poll, Sherri, thanks!

cindi
10-31-2006, 03:30 PM
count stamping on wood with foam stamps!! LOL about 4 years on paper.:rolleyes:

mcourtney
10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
About 10 years for me. My BF (who is now a SU rep) ask me to go to a SU workshop because she didn't want to go alone. That's how I got hooked.

lost luggage
10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Consistently for about 2 months now. ;)

ctinyjoy
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
I started just making homemade cards using the Card Connection embellishments or Jolee's but now I don't feel a card is complete without something stamped on it.

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-31-2006, 04:27 PM
I started to stamp regularly around June of 2005.

:) Jane

hutchink
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
for me! I have always loved it...but I do not have many stamps...that is changing! My DH got me a stamp on the bay this weekend! It's a Siamese cat! I have only been swapping less than a year! What fun it is!

Just like you Sherri..never like the scrapbooking thing! ha ha ha

~K

teabear
10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
when a friend invited me to join in her group that met monthly to swap cards. I have really spent alot more time on stamping in the last year while I have been homeschooling. It gives me a little creative outlet during the day.
Tami

MidwestStamper
10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I think it's been 6-7 years for me--I can't even remember, but I know that I have about that many SU! Catalogs! I went to a SU! party, loved making the cards so I had a party--and I've been having 1-2 parties a year ever since then. I'm going to be having my first TAC Workshop soon, so that will be fun!

I discovered the PaperCrafts website in early 2005 and did some swaps. Then I found the MB there too. Have had lots of fun talking and swapping (I've done around 270 swaps!) and I'm looking forward to swapping here too.

jdpisces
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Probably about 6 years or so. I was moving out on my own after college and I wanted to send some really cool change of address cards. So I stamped my own. Looking back, they were not that cool, but that's neither here nor there. :D

So 6 years and many $$$$ later, I am addicted and happy that I have a good job that will pay for all of this. LOL!

Julie

bubblegum girl
10-31-2006, 04:59 PM
i started making cards approx 5 - 6 yrs ago and i started swapping this past summer. i joined the pcmb in '04 but didnt start chatting on it till last june. fun poll sherri!

laos348
10-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I started stamping in 1992 (oh wow, its been 16 years). I was in grad school at the time and a friend got me hooked on it. There were several years in between when life got in the way and the stamps sat idly, then I scrapbooked exclusively for a while but a couple of years back, I got the bug again. Now I try to stamp something almost every day.

Laura

kulakid
10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
I have had stamps for what seems like forever..always crafty...but I have only REALLY been "stamping' for a few months now...and I am loving it!!

inkinupstamps
10-31-2006, 06:07 PM
My children and I were into making lots of crafty things and we began making cards, bookmarks, gifts and party invitations with stamps and markers and EP! I used to put our papers in a warm oven to melt the EP! :eek: YIKES!

I still have some of the first stamps we bought. I've been activily stamping and card making for the soul purpose of making cards since 2000.

Christie
10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Almost a year for me. I don't have to big of a collection but work with what I have!!!
christie

mahodgman
10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't know the exact year or anything, but I started stamping probably in the early 90s. I bought a few single stamps and made Christmas cards for a couple of years. Then about 2 or 3 years ago, I went to a SU workshop and came home with a catalog and a party booked. I've been buying ever since...lol

BeckyButtshaw
10-31-2006, 08:28 PM
about 7 years for me :) I actually remember my first stamp set that I bought was a doggie set from SU

iupindiana
10-31-2006, 08:29 PM
My stamping career started with my bf's daughter became a su demo and gave a party at my dd house. History was made and i am now on the su most favored customer list. It is fun and you meet like people that are extremely nice. I bought a stamp magazine found the board and started swapping but I am not doing much anymore since I have been disappointed with some flakers. Waiting for swapping to start here. JoAnn

Jadyeebugsaunt
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
It was in 2000, my ex bf sister had a su party and I went that night I bought one set and a ink pad but I made tons with that set, the rest was history. I tried to scrapbook a few years back when my niece was born but I got overwhelmed w/ pictures. Also I know that my first love is stamping.
Mindy

lbakerc42
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Huge scrapbooker and because a friend turned me on to the PCMB I became interested in stamping. Actually stamping practice has been about two weeks. I am learning a lot from all of you.

cahinton
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I have been stamping since 1997. My mother and a cousin got me interested. It's funny when I think about it. I remember saying I'll never really get into stamping because I thought it was too expensive lol. Even though I have been doing this hobby for almost ten years now, I still have a lot to learn. My stamps sat idol for two years because I decided to go back to college and get my general business diploma. When I graduated in 2005, I got back into stamping on a regular basis. I starting swapping just this year in May.

Carol

countrystamper
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
stamping for about 6 years now. I went to a SU party and then a DOTS party about 8 years ago but really didn't do anything with my stamps that I bought until a couple years later. One day I thought I would like to learn more, called a SU demonstator and since then I have invested tons of $$ on my stamp collection and made many cards since. I keep talking about scrapbooking but stampin still holds my main attention.

Happy stamping! Linda

tojoco
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I have been a diehard scrapbooker for about 12 years. A teacher at the school I worked at got me hooked on it. I have been stamping on and off for about 2 years when my lss started selling stamps. I am still a very basic stamper but I've been learning a lot just from my friends on this board.:) :) :)

suzi_f
11-01-2006, 06:38 AM
I've been stamping for about 4.5 years I guess. I quit working full time & started selling Longaberger. I wanted to give cards as a hostess thank you so I borrowed a friend's basket stamp & her inks. It ws ok but I wasn't hooked until I tried heat embossing. Now, I only stamp. My s/b stuff sits & watches me knowing that someday, I'll come back to it.