PDA

View Full Version : Blog Links

Sherry
02-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Hiya ladies,

It seems as though blogs have grown increasingly popular over the past couple of weeks and, as a result, we have also seen an increase in threads which invite users to view this blog and that blog. I just wanted to issue a gentle reminder that blog links are permitted in your signatures only and not within the title or body of your post. While most of us, including myself, think that blogs are great and are extremely fun to read we have to respect the fact that not everyone enjoys visiting/reading blog sites or having to weed through the multitude of blog viewing invitations.

I know that you all love your blogs so, with that in mind, I am looking in to adding a blog list to our website (perhaps something similar to our staff page or member list). You will be able to add your link there and, should users be in a blog-gazing sort of mood, they'll know just where to find you.

Thank you all for your understanding and cooperation.

moon_beam23
02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Adding a blog list to the site is a great idea!

toao
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Question: Are we allowed to make a post in the Daily Dish that might say something about our blog, or blog contest as long as we don't have the link in the message? Or is that what you're trying to weed out is numerous posts about people's blogs? Like, "Hey I updated my blog" or "I finally set my blog up" or "Check out my contest on my blog".

Just wanting to clarify.

Mary

Sherry
02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Mary,

Yes, I am trying to weed out the numerous posts such as "Hey I updated my blog" or "I finally set my blog up" or "Check out the contest on my blog".

I am in the process of creating a blog list where you WILL be able to advertise your blog contests and such. Just give me 5 mins or so to finish setting it up.

Deborah
02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
What a GREAT idea Sherry, thanks for setting this up!

marymoilanen
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Great idea!

shuggy
02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
sherry's the bomb!

smileycollector
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Sherry, you think of everything!! This is a wonderful idea!
Thanks again! :)

toao
02-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Awesome Sherry. Thanks for clarifying that. I know I'm on the naughty list for posting "blog related topics" lately. Sorry. Thanks for putting up a new forum for us blog junkies.

Mary

Tantalize
02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Thank, thank you! I am a blog addict. Always have been, even before the trend. lol