PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who cannot figure out how to put a watermark on my cards?

iloveflipflops
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I just cannot figure it out ....

:arghh:

Vintagegal
02-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Sherri, What's the program that you're using again?

iloveflipflops
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
This may sound stupid but I don't know! I just open them in my pictures, right click on it and it goes to a edit but i have no idea what its called.

Vintagegal
02-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Do you have any of the Microsoft Office desktop publishing programs (like Publisher or PowerPoint)?

iloveflipflops
02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I think I have Microsoft PowerPoint but only as a 30 day trial and i have to put my registration number that came with my computer and I have no idea where that even is.

iloveflipflops
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
I think I found something - ArcSoft PhotoImpression5. I am in there now trying to figure it out...

iloveflipflops
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
:)

Its so tiny I can't see it ... lol

shuggy
02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
i think that is the perfect size!

shuggy
02-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Do you have any of the Microsoft Office desktop publishing programs (like Publisher or PowerPoint)?

i'm pretty computer savvy, but i cant figure it out. how do you do it in publisher or powerpoint?

Vintagegal
02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
i'm pretty computer savvy, but i cant figure it out. how do you do it in publisher or powerpoint?

What I've done is insert the file (in this case, the jpg file of the card) on a new document. Then, I create a "text block with no fill" and type my watermark in there. Position it where you want it to go, and save it as a jpg. not as a Powerpoint or Publisher document. Then, I go into my photo editing program (ie iPhoto on my computer) and crop out the edges.

But, I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3, and from here on out, I've done the "copyright" or watermark on Photoshop. But, before, I had used PowerPoint to create the watermark.

JBgreendawn
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
I ended up buying photoshop elements to do this with because i couldnt make it work in any of the other programs i had. and i just insert the photo ( already cropped and resized i use microsoft office picture manager ) into elements and then do a text box with white "ink" and type over the top of the photo with a Kewl font (susies hand) and then when i hit save as i save it as a jpg. file.
( the re-size it again to a smaller size to upload in here & my blog ) so i have two of everything in the document folder of photos...
hth a little,

shuggy
02-26-2007, 09:56 PM
i think i did it...take a look...

thanks ethel!!

Vintagegal
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
i think i did it...take a look...

You did it, Angie! Cool beans! That's exactly what I used to do until I figured out the Photoshop deal!

jdpisces
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I did get it to work in Power Point and then go back and crop out the edges like Ethel said. I have also been able to find is that the keystrokes of ALT 0169 will give you the copyright symbol.

İİİ

:D

tesschap
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Well you're ahead of me. I'm still working on how to post my first card in the gallery! Oh how I wish I wasn't technology challenged!

Teresa