PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions - Re: Swap Board

Sherry
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in need of your opinions, yet again :)

As you know, we are experiencing issues with the feedback portion of our swap board. To put it bluntly - it ain't workin'! I have tried countless times to get Mark to address this issue but apparently he is too busy and I am getting the usual empty promises "I will get to it later this week - I promise". Well, "later this week" has evolved into two months so I think it is safe to say that Mark has left us high and dry. I made a decision two days ago to notify Mark that we would be seeking out another programmer to fix the code he promised me he would take care of.

So, for the past two days, I have been doing just that. I have been posting want ads on various programming websites, contacting all of the programmers I know, and scouring the internet for freelance php writers. What have I found? Absolutely nothing! Well, not absolutely nothing. I had one guy from India interested but he wanted $3500 to do it! Yikes!! I think the problem lies in the fact that our script is integrated with vbulletin - a program which a lot of coders are unfamiliar with and a project that nobody wants to touch. This, of course, leaves me in a pickle. I have a swap board that is not functioning properly and nobody to fix it!

Here is where you come in. I have been trying to decide if we *really* need the feedback portion of the swap board? After all, this is a flaker free website and if you flake two times, you are automatically banned from the website. So do we really need the ability to leave a positive or a negative comment?:mask: The reason I ask is because I am almost certain that we could find someone to "uninstall" the feedback portion of the script if we decide to go that route.

Let me know your thoughts!

Sherry

teabear
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't see the need to have a feedback portion.

hutchink
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Sherry,

Before I became a SAHM. I did the Beloit College- FACS office website which was a php code...I have not done anything with vbulletin....so I at first thought that I could help..but I don't think so now.

To answer your question...I do not think that we need the feedback section...since it is a flaker free zone!

~K

mahodgman
02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Darn, and I thought Mark was such a nice guy! I think the feedback feature was cool, but we don't really need it. And, just like Ebay, I would be very reluctant to leave a negative for anyone anyway because people can get really nasty when you do.

Erin K
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Yea, I thought it was cute, but we don't really need it. I mean if there is a real issue they get reported and it's taken care of by determining they flake... If not then we don't need to say anything at all. So I think we don't need it. Off with it's head!

Too bad about Cowboy Mark.

Christie
02-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't see that we need it. I mean if this is a flaker free zone so even if someone does badly they won't be able to participate again anyway. I think you should just find someone to uninstall it!

ctinyjoy
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
The feedback portion of the swap board was not what made me join this website, so let it go.

Spartymom
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Off with its head, as Erin puts it. It's a flaker free zone and we will know about them flakers. Do away with it. (I'm no pirate or anything) Kim

GrammaStamper
02-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Feedback, schmeedback, who needs it! Sherry, if it causes that big of a headache, get rid of it. You have done everything possible to try to fix it, and no one could do more. I say, off with its head, too! Lovely turn of phrase, that!

stampcrazyjulie
02-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Sherry...I agree, I don't think that we need the Feedback area. If we have an issue I am sure that somebody can post to the Forum or contact the Person by PM....

Thanks for asking us all! :)

emmcee
02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
We don't need that, you know when we get swaps back we always post threads to give much positive feedback, so to quote Erin, "Off with its head!"
:nod:

shuggy
02-27-2007, 10:02 PM
The feedback portion of the swap board was not what made me join this website, so let it go.

i love everyone's comments, but this has got to be the best one. i think i feel pretty comfortable saying the majority of us here would stand by this comment. we don't need feedback. audios...

dgbearsmom
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
We don't need no stinkin' feedback. I think that we can post praise and all that stuff in the forums and that's just as good as feedback to me - maybe better. I would never post negative feedback anyway unless the hostess or swapper totally flaked, but with your flaker policy, that's kind of a moot point.

Judy

Erin K
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Maybe we have one thing under "swap announcements" that's like "Swapper/hostess praise" and we talk up great hostesses in there and hostesses can make a post like, "All these ladies *lists them* in my blah blah blah swap were on time and friendly" or whatever. The only reason I could see someone WANTING the feedback is if they were leery of swapping with someone they didn't know. Like some new person didn't know us and wanted to know if we were trustyworthy. So she could go in there and say, "Wow When I search so-and-so in this they have a lot of comments"

Anyhow to just make a swap praise category and drop the feedback would make me happy. Or just drop the feedback, you don't gotta "make" me happy I'm already happy!

tesschap
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I haven't participated in any swaps ... yet ... but I don't really see the need for the feedback feature.

Teresa

toao
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Sherry, I'm good without it too. I think it's just more work for you. When I do get back into hostessing more, my question is: If we have a flaker, we just report it to you and you keep up with it?

BTW, I have a good friend that writes code. I don't know if he would be interested or not, but I could ask him if you would like. He's working for a company at the moment, but I think he's thinking about branching out on his own. Let me know.

Mary

ellie
02-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I agree with everyone...let it go.

limeyscrapper
02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I agree with most of the above comments. We are all pretty generous with our praise, and it would have to be a very dire situation before I would ever leave anyone negative feedback - and we already have a policy in place for those "dire" situations.

CRAFTNMOM
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm with the rest of you! One of my favorite parts of this website and swap board is the flaker free zone. I think we don't need the feedback part if it's such a mess for Sherry. We love you Sherry!
:)Catherine

StampKutie
02-28-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm on board with everyone else here...do away with the feedback functionality!

flyingflower
02-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I felt uncomfortable with the "negative feedback" portion from the beginning. We have plenty of avenues to deal with/report/fix things without publicly chastising a shackie. I vote to drop the feedback part of the board (or, if its cheaper, just ignore it)

smkymtsu
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I say .....Goodbye feedback.......Goodbye headache for Sherry. We don't need it, you don't need the headache.
Susan

moon_beam23
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Sherry,

I'm with the rest of the gals! You don't need anymore headaches or work. With the flaker policy in place it takes care of it's self!