PDA

View Full Version : Yippee, No Buy Feb is over!

loobylou
03-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Share your shopping fix here!.
My first purchase is going to be a 12 inch paper trimmer/ Guillotine. I'm not sure which brand yet. but I am going shopping tomorrow. Anyone have a preference?
And maybe some SU cardstock
and some decent double sided tape. the last lot i got was cheap, but no where near as sticky as magic tape.
Come on, Enable me ladies. I am free to spend again:yay:
Sarah

PS Thanks Thanh for the motivation for no buy Feb. Is anyone starting a no-buy March?- count me out

tesschap
03-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Congrats on making it through the month! I should have done February as it's the shortest month! No way am I doing March - it's 31 days long!

I have an X-Acto guiltine paper cutter from Staples. I've had it for about 4 years and have had no trouble. Mine was the $45.00 one. They have one for around $60. that is bigger.

Have fun shopping - do share with us what you end up buying!

Teresa

MidwestStamper
03-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Go forth and shop! Do you have JoAnn's stores there? They have 40% off all papercrafting supplies through the end of the week--includes stamps, ink pads, punches, and embellishments too.

Erin K
03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Congrats! Doesn't it feel good!

Let us know what you buy!

Firecracker
03-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Congrats Sarah! I have already ordered a set of stamps from Fontwerks. I will definitely be shopping this weekend. I'm glad I challeneged myself to do this and it does feel good that I did do it but watch out it is time to spend! I definitely need some paper, stamps, ink, you name I'll buy it! Hee!Hee! Hugs, Heather

mommagus
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Congats on making it through the month. Now go shopping and have fun.

loobylou
03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Go forth and shop! Do you have JoAnn's stores there? They have 40% off all papercrafting supplies through the end of the week--includes stamps, ink pads, punches, and embellishments too.
Nope, No Joanne's here, or michael's or wickedmart or Hobby Lobby. Just a few LSS and a spotlight (craft and fabric) store. AND most of all we don't ever ,ever get coupons. :cry2:

In Australia, just about the only place you can use coupons is in a Pizza store! How I envy your coupon crazy country!!
sarah

dreis1
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats on making it thru the month. If you are buying SU C/S. they have a very good sticky double sided tape on page 226. Item #G. I love it. Have fun. Glinda

moon_beam23
03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Good job Sarah, no just don't shop till you drop to make up!

Christie
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Time to go crazy!!! Now don't go to crazy!

teabear
03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Congrats! I have made it almost through the first day of March without shopping! LOL :)

Tantalize
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Congratulations ladies!! You did it and Im so proud!!!

I spent just under $25 for paper this past month. Yooray!! Thats so minimal on what I normally buy.

However, I feel a teensy bit guilty - I allowed myself $200 worth of spending from the db's allowance over last month and this month... and I feel like I cheated a little just because he was so generous. So I am going to hold off for a bit longer. Though I think I may put in a medium order of Bellas. hehehe...

loobylou
03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
No need to feel guilty thanh- you saved money- now go spend it on something BIG..LOL
sarah