PDA

View Full Version : We are under a tornado watch till 5 am....

iloveflipflops
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
The wind is howling, the rain is pouring ... its pretty scary actually!!

And here I sit in my stamp room just stamping away! HEE HEE

Actually, I am holding onto my flip flops and going to bed now .. let's hope the howling winds don't keep me up! :(

hutchink
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Your going to bed before GA? I hope that the weather turns out okay for you!

~K

tojoco
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Stay safe Sherri. We had to run in the clothes closet downstairs last night. It was a very scary night so I know how you're feeling right now.

teabear
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Ooohhh scary! I'd be shaking in my flipflops! Let us know how you are later.

Sherry
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Ooh man, how scary is that? I don't know how you can just "go to bed". I'd be sitting at the window chewing my knuckles to the bone! I'm so glad we don't get tornados here.

Stay safe Sherri!

cindi
03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Geez sherri I'd be scared to death!!!!
Stay safe & be sure to keep in touch with us!
If you lose power and are ok you must MUST call someone &let us know!
Best wishes & i'll be thimnking of you.
:)

ellie
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Holy Cow Sherri,
I didn't even know about the watch - I'm glad I read your post. I don't know where we will run...there is no room in any of the closets!!!

toao
03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Us too Sherri. There have been some bad tornadoes in GA already. Where's Erin? She's in the strike zone too. Prayers for all of us along that East Coast line tonight please....

Mary

teabear
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I just read online that it just ripped through parts of Alabama....sending good thoughts to all.

toao
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I just read online that it just ripped through parts of Alabama....sending good thoughts to all.

It was awful too.

Mary

MidwestStamper
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Tornadoes make me so nervous! I guess the record setting blizzard we're having right now isn't so bad--we're all cozy and school has been cancelled for tomorrow. I have to get to work though to get the Sunday bulletins done!

Vintagegal
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Stay safe Sherri. That T-storm that ripped through Alabama is headed your way. Do you guys have sirens that will alert you of a tornado in your area?

GSMom385
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Your all in my thoughts as the blizzards rocks those of us up north way too. The winds are howling here too, in fact I think we will be lucky if the power doesn't go out soon, it has been flashing all night. The snow is still coming down strong and is almost sideways with the wind rocking and rolling.

The day has been very strange, we started with a complete down pour this morning, then the sirens went off for a tornado west of town, then the rain began to freeze and then hail came. Next was the awful lighting and then finally the snow begain around noon, that is when they sent us home from the office. Been here with the kids ever since biting my nails and watching the weather stations and waiting on DH to come home. He finally blessed us with his presence around 6pm and then I finally settled down and relaxed. I can handle anything with him by my side. So hang in there gang this one seems to be a real dilly of a storm. Hopefully it will all be over soon, with no damage to anyone. ~Cindy

iloveflipflops
03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
All is good here this morning. No tornadoes around us, thank goodness. i have no idea if we have sirens here or not. My bet is no. We need to get a weather radio!! We were expected to get 70 mph winds last night and they said the word "like a hurricane" on the news and i started to panic. We brought in all of our chairs from our front porch right before we went to bed but all is ok now. Its pretty quiet and mild out.

tesschap
03-02-2007, 06:55 AM
How scary. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your safety. Our nephew has been traveling between New Orleans, Mobile, and Tallahassee playing college baseball this week. His team was playing in Mobile when the tornado hit 3 hrs from them. Can't wait until he gets back to his campus!

Stay safe.

Teresa

toao
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
It blew like a hurricane here at one point last night. No tornadoes for us either. (Thank you Lord) Hope all of our East coast gals are okay.

Mary

teabear
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad everyone is ok this morning.

ctmhgirl
03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I hope everyone is ok. The school in Alabama looked terrible.