PDA

View Full Version : Hoping someone might have a recipe

Sherry
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone,

Yesterday, I purchased six of the most perfect bartlett pears I have ever laid my eyes upon. Now, here I am wondering what kind of dessert I could make with them? I have scoured my cook books but could find nothing with pears! Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm preparing a special "I love you" dinner for my hubby tonight. We're having grilled beef tenderloin and shrimp scampi (not quite sure on the sides yet) and thought pears would be a lovely finish.

I need your pear desserts ladies!! Help this gal out :)

I'm off to the bank to cash the mountain of membership checks ( THANK YOU!) and then will be taking DD to Walmart (she loves playing mermaid and has decided she needs a bra, lol!) and then I'll be back to check in with ya'll.

Have a great day!

mahodgman
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Here is a website with a bunch of pear recipes http://www.calpear.com/cns_rec.cfm

The only dessert I've made with pears was kind of a crisp thing with a topping.

mommagus
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I checked online for pear recipes and was surprised what it came up with. Pear bread, pear walnut muffins, pear cake, pear honey, pear sauce, pear crisp, pear pie and pear cobbler just to name a few. Go to allrecipes.com or cooks.com and search for pear recipes. Hope this helps.

prdesigns
03-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I saw this the other day in Every Day Food:
Halve the pear lengthwise, and core with a melon baller or spoon.

In a medium bowl, mix together 1/4 cup chopped pecans and 2 tbls honey; mound on pear halves.

The picture lookes delicious!!! mmmmmm mmmm

ccstampin12
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
But didn't find much with fresh pears.
One is with a raspberry sauce, and the other with chocolate.
Neither is very wonderful sounding, except for the concepts of chocolate and raspberry!
I wonder about you making your own raspberry sauce and serving over the pear halves or pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Just a thought....probably the website recipes are better!
Good luck, and let us know what you made!
Joanie
(Take some pix of the pears and make cards with them):rolleyes: