PDA

View Full Version : Last week while Ellie, Deb and Debbie were having our 15 hour shopping spree,

iloveflipflops
03-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Debbie and I were rocking on the front porch at the stamp store and Debbie said she saves her cereal boxes and uses them as chipboard. Well, then that got me thinking ... I see all this fancy chipboard in the stores for sale and I ooh and aaah over them but I have no idea what to do with them so i haven't bought any (can you believe there is something I have not bought?) LOL. So now I am saving my cereal boxes and I still do not have a clue what to do with them.

I tried just cutting a tag using it on my cuttlebug and it worked great but then I had to cut another tag in pretty paper to cover the cardboard up. is this what I am supposed to do?

i hope you are not laughing at me but with me because I am cracking myself up!! LOL

Can someone please explain chipboard to me? Maybe I do need it!! HA HA

shuggy
03-03-2007, 02:51 PM
yep. that's one thing you can do. think of them like cardboard brads or cardboard ribbon or flowers or something. it's just another way to embellish. you can also ink them or stamp on them. there are a ton of possiblities!!!

run them through your cuttlebug to cut them. i think you may even be able to emboss them.

Erin K
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
They are nice because they just give some nice dimension without being too bulky. I like the backs of notepads for that because they are thicker than ceral boxes. I like them sorta thick. My LSS sells it by the sheet too. But that's what I moslty do with them. Also you can make covers for handmade books with them. Then cover it with paper and you have a really nice book cover.

:)

ellie
03-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I saw a site that showed how to use the cardboard for hinges. They inked them up and they looked just like metal.

cindi
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I do this a lot with my sizzix and I use a glue stic to glue the paper on the cardboard, then cut it with my sizzix,,It's easier on more complicated shapes.
Have fun!!
:)

loobylou
03-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I spray paint the cardboard, or paint with Luna Lights then stamp onto it. If you uare using your cricut i would cut first and paint later, but regular punches are fine with it painted first. have fun
sarah