PDA

View Full Version : Cards missing from the gallery? Posts missing from the board?

Sherry
03-05-2007, 06:47 AM
I have been receiving emails from a few individuals alerting me to the fact that we have images from the gallery and posts missing from the board. Let me explain what happened.

Before our website could be moved to the new server, our webhost had to make a snap shot of the website. After this snapshot was made, the website probably should have been shut down by the webhost so that no further activity could take place. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. As a result, users continued to upload to the gallery and post messages to the board. Because this activity was done after the snapshot had already been taken, it did not get transferred to the new server.

Now, in regards to the gallery, we are missing a small program called GD library which is responsible for creating images/thumbnails. If you try to upload an image to the gallery or to our links/download section, you will receive an error message. This is a program that only my webhost can install and I have contacted them in regards to this matter. Hopefully, this will be resolved sometime today. In the meantime, please refrain from trying to post an image.

Hope everyone is having a great day! If you notice any other errors or hiccups with the new server, please be sure to bring them to my attention. I sincerely appreciate it.

Cheerios!

loobylou
03-05-2007, 06:54 AM
I lost a couple of cards from the gallery, when you let us know it is OK again I will repost them. it's a small price to pay for our new dedicated server.Don't stress Sherry. I will get over it- as I am sure we all will.
Now I just want to see how good the chat room is on the new server- hope we get booted out less often.
Sarah

Sherry
03-05-2007, 06:55 AM
I lost a couple of cards from the gallery, when you let us know it is OK again I will repost them. it's a small price to pay for our new dedicated server.Don't stress Sherry. I will get over it- as I am sure we all will.
Now I just want to see how good the chat room is on the new server- hope we get booted out less often.
Sarah

Hopefully you won't get booted out of the chatroom so often BUT it could actually be a software issue and not a server issue. I will check in to it for you guys.

MidwestStamper
03-05-2007, 07:42 AM
I lost a couple of posts but they weren't important. I figured it must've been due to the transfer,since I made the posts later Saturday evening.

Spartymom
03-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Last night there were 5 of us in that chat room and it was working really good. Kim