PDA

View Full Version : So we made breaking news last night...

ChristyR
03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I live on a dead end street i am the second house and i would say about the first 10 houses are nice but then you get all the way down at the end and there is a guy there that is what we call a SLUMLORD aka landlord he rents out his nasty run down,windows busted,green algae growing on the side trailors to...you guessed it TRASHY people. We know of drug deals going on down there and a long time ago this same slumlord had BUSES people yes BUSES with the seats cut out and several FAMILIES at a time were living in them. YUCK-o it is a good thing it is a dead end as we don't even go down there at all kinda creepy. The police go down there on a weekly basis but nothing is being done evidently.

ok well to get back to my headline news story...we get home last night about 830pm only find out there has been a MURDER down there. :( the news report is saying that it is the charred remains of a young girl or woman who has likely to be down there for sometime. A lady walking her dog around 6 last night found the body on a dirt road down there. YIKES this is very creepy. I was totally freaked out about it last night i really thought it was a drug deal gone bad but when i found out differently i was freaked. i mean i could have handled it a little better thinking it was a drug deal gone bad but a young girl :( that just breaks my heart as i have 2 boys of my own. my heart just goes out to the family.

MAYBE JUST MAYBE SOME ONE will do something about it to CLEAN that up down there i mean come on poeple it makes me want to scream :arghh:

sorry for the book i just had to share my news with you from last night...keep us in your prayers we are currently looking for LAND in the country to get out of this area

so long for now...have a good one

Swanie78
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Thats so sad :(
Stay safe!!
I live in the questionable area of my town. Its questionable to everyone but me...lol I like living over here. I feel safe (live in a gated apartment) and Ive lived here for 5 years and never had a problem.
But you go a few blocks in one direction and its yucky. And Im positive that that complex is filled with gangsters and drug dealers. But as long as they stay down there Im ok with that. The only other option is jail and I know they arent going to do that...lol

Erin K
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh my heck Christy! That's horrible. It's shocking people get away with running a slum like that. Right here in our beautiful city too! Your boys CANNOT play on that end of your street! I cannot allow it. I know we already talked about that though and you don't let them just run rampant anyhow.

That would totally freak me out. I know there is crime everywhere and there was a murder near here too, but still. Also the phrase, "Chared remains" makes it worse.

cindi
03-05-2007, 10:11 AM
your family are safe!
Ok now I have a question..Why hasn't someone called code??? Every town & city has code enforcement officers. If those rentals are not up to code (clearly sounds like they are not) then code will shut them down, the slumlord will have to fox them before renting them back out. Itmay not solve all the problems but I would think itwould help.
I hope something gives so you can enjoy a safe neighborhood,
:)

ellie
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Christy- that is awful. I hope you have great big locks on your doors and keep your boys very close!
One thing that might be a help is to get together with your "nice" neighbors and have someone organize a neighborhood watch. Here in NC, all we have to do is get together around once a month and the police are very happy to help. Our local officers even offer to host the meetings...if there is ever any trouble in our area, some of the officers request duty because they know us and it's kinda like they are helping friends and family. It's funny how no one knows their neighbors anymore. When I was a kid, my parents knew all the neighbors and the kids played together. That was a big help in keeping crime down...we all looked out for one another.
Anyway, please stay safe and keep us posted.

ChristyR
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
thanks you all it is very creepy but my family and friends are safe thank the LORD. my boys are always up under ME they don't get out of my sight and we don't go no where near down there we stay in our yard. we have called code enforcement officers and there is a list of violations a mile long but nothing is being done about it. maybe if i call them EVERYDAY they will get tired of it and do something about it. i am hoping with the news media down there then something will change. we are thinking of doing a neighborhood watch program whatever we have to do to make things safer and clean things up a bit. i will keep you posted of our drama

teabear
03-05-2007, 06:55 PM
What a mess, Christy. You might want to call your elected official's field office. Nothing like getting nice tax-paying voters calling asking for help to get things done--especially if they are up for re-election.

ChristyR
03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
good idea Tami and all you ladies i will have to bring these up at our crime watch meeting...hey my husband my husband suggested a good ole fashion country boy kinda crime watch team...the husbands walk up and down the road with flashlights and there pistols :) hey whatever works