PDA

View Full Version : Online Card Classes

Sherry
03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone,

In case you haven't noticed yet, we have a new link in the navigation menu; a 'Classes' link.

Within the very near future, we will begin hosting online card classes - a venture I am very excited about! We will be able to present visual step by step instructions and tutorials on some amazing cards and projects. Best of all, you'll be able to follow along at your own pace! No more rushing to complete a project during a 1 or 2 hour class!

I was going to get all geared up to present the first class but, after reading the manual for my camera (which is just a regular snap shot camera), I found out that it will only take 5 minutes of video and there are no zooming/lighting features. :cry2: So, until I am able to purchase a decent video camera, do we happen to have any volunteers who would like to be in the spotlight and would like to host a "class" or a "tutorial"? If so, by all means contact me. If not, we'll just put this project on the back burner until I can find a good deal on a camcorder.

Oh yes, if you go to the "Classes" link, you'll be able to watch a cute video of my adorable puppy :) I uploaded the video as a test. You can find it in the "Current Classes" folder.

patg
03-06-2007, 07:20 PM
That is really cool Sherry.

Pat

tojoco
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Sherry, this is too exciting. I can't wait until we have our very own online class. You are just too good to be true, and I am so very glad I am getting to know you even if it is through computers. What are you going to blow us away with next? You rock girl!

inkinupstamps
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
FANTASTIC! Oh Sherry! I think this is your greatest feature of all! I can hardly wait! Again, FANTASTIC and a big Yippy Skippy in anticipation! :)

Jennifer :)

directmailscrapper
03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Sherry, check with Hutchink. She does a terrific process called paper shaping. She put together a little tutorial for me that was super! She is a great teacher.

hbpuppy
03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
this is going to be soooo fun. That film of your doggie is cute. My dog Moses loves the snow too.

tojoco
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Sherry, I just gave Debbie S. (1of2shoes) a telephone call and left a message for her to contact you thru the Shack. It would be great if she could give us the first online class on the Prismacolor pencils. OMG this is too much for me; I just can't wait.

GrammaStamper
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
That would be so cool. I once did a video for my kids. Got up on a Sunday morning and was really missing them. So, I set up our video camera and "talked" to them while I made blueberry muffins. Then I made 4 copies and sent one to each of them as a little surprise. If you want to know how your online tutorial will work, I'll see if DH will upload it here as something to show how it will work.

gigibee
03-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Sherry this is such a great idea for the upcoming classes. You are so creative and I know this will be a great success.

Konnie

smileycollector
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
OMG! What an awesome idea Sherry! Love the idea of having someone teach one on coloring with prismas. Can't wait!
The video of Lincoln is terrific. He's SO cute! Your home is lovely too. :)
Big hugs to YOU for all you do! :)

mahodgman
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow, that is really awsome, Sherry! I hope some folks have some video capablity.

ChristyR
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
awesome that will be great what a neat idea thanks again sherry for all you do and continue to do :)

I LOVE THIS PLACE :)

cindi
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it!!
by the way, I watched your Lincoln video again! he's just too cute!
:)

toao
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Woohoooo! I can't wait for this feature to be up and running. I'm so excited that I'm having to backspace and correct words! LOL My BIL is a pro at shooting and editing stuff. If I can come up with a cool project to demo, I'll give it a go and submit it to you. Any suggestions of things people would like to see??

Mary

scrappyyankee
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Wow, that sounds great. I can't wait. Sherry you are awesome!!

Mickey :cool:

ellie
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Sherry, what else can I say...you are the best!

GSMom385
03-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Sherry, my camera does video and it is a point and shoot too. The book told me it only did so many minutes ( 5 I think ) and I ended up getting a new internal card and it can now do 25 minutes. The expansion card was the way to go for me, and it was far cheaper than a new camera. Just a suggestion. I think the card cost me $30. If you want I can pm you a good site that has camera stuff cheap cheap.

I don't have a clue what I would teach, but would be willing to do something with my camera if you want sometime. The teaching part doesn't bother me, I do that for a living but for computers on all formats, over the web, in person, written etc., just not sure I am a good enough crafter, to be a teacher for paper crafting. ~Cindy

tesschap
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
What a great idea. I don't have a video camera so I can't offer to make a class video - yet anyway :). I'm sure I can come up with some class content and project ideas if anyone needs them.

Thanks,

Teresa

kimmylynnd
03-07-2007, 11:49 AM
You can take long web cam videos? Is this an option? I am sure there are many of us with webcams! I have one that I could use!

Tantalize
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
ooooh! I cannot wait to see the first one. This is so exciting!

moon_beam23
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Awesome idea!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

lisaguyon
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
What a great addition. I can not wait to see what everyone comes up with. Lisa

Sherry
03-07-2007, 12:29 PM
You can take long web cam videos? Is this an option? I am sure there are many of us with webcams! I have one that I could use!

That's a fantastic idea, Kim! I never thought of a webcam and I think they're rather reasonable in price too, right?

You say you have a cam that you could use. Does this mean you'd like to volunteer to host our first class??! :D You do some really fantastic work!

RDRD4
03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
This is going to be great...I can't wait

midnitecreations
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow, what a fantastic feature. Sherry you're the best. renu

Nadine
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
What a great addition! I can't wait to see the first one.

bubblegum girl
03-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Sherry if you ever need tutorials this lady has 5 on youtube.they are just simle SU cards but they are really cute.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lindastamps