PDA

View Full Version : All brunettes please come forward and tell me ...

iloveflipflops
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
what are your favorite colors to wear? I am thinking my pale pinks, pale blues, lavendar shirts have got to go ...

I feel a shopping trip to Kohls coming on ... so help me pick new colors for my wardrobe. HA HA

MidwestStamper
03-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Try some "richer" colors and see what makes your eyes and skin seem to glow. What color are your eyes? If they're blue--maybe a pretty medium or royal blue. If they're green, a pretty kelly green.

I always like fuschias and purples, but my hair color is darker than yours is.

iloveflipflops
03-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I just found this online. Do you agree with this article?

http://www.essortment.com/lifestyle/clothingcolors_ttxq.htm

iloveflipflops
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
My eyes are DARK brown. What now?

ellie
03-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey Sherri,
Have you ever heard of "Color Me Beautiful"? It is a system that uses your skin tone and hair and eye color to help you decide if you should wear warm or cool colors. I bet you could get info online. I am a "Deep Autumn" I look best in the fall colors and should stay away from pastels.

MidwestStamper
03-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I like those color suggestions! Turquoise is a color I don't have, but I'll be looking for it. I always wear cool reds too. I don't know how I feel about lime green, but I like mint green!

I don't know what to say for brown eyes, but I would just try on colors and see what you like. Maybe bring your daughter for her opinion(for the colors, maybe not the styles!)

Spartymom
03-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Turquoise is a good color for brunettes. I would go for the kelly greens, and bright colors. I use to wear RED all the time, but my face is RED all the time, so that color doesn't look good on me anymore. Took me a long time to figure that out. I think a lavender would look good on you b/c of your eye color and hair. Kim

teabear
03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I am especially partial to all shades of green. I must have at least 5 green tops in different shades. I also like blue and turquoise. I wear denim or khaki capris most of the time. I also like shades of brown. I just read that list and I didn't know I was in style...LOL! I stay away from pastels.

toao
03-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I personally like teal or coral when my hair is darker!

Mary

kulakid
03-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I have naturally brown/blonde hair, and have been going darker for the past year - well, the other night, I went dark! It has red undertones in it, but it is definatley brunette, is a dramatic difference, and I have to say that I am loving it! I continue to wear what I have been wearing - blues, whites, blacks, some brown - but what I mostly find is that I just need to put on a bit more make-up! Just some blush, and a bit "heavier" on the mascara (I wear a minumum amount of make-up, but I do wear it, if that gives you an idea). My eyes are hazel, and I find that this it what works for me - easy! Good luck! :cute:

mcourtney
03-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I have dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and my skin has a yellow cast (Japanese). But since I live in Arizona I'm always a shade of tan. I love red, purples, dark greens and fall colors on me. I stay away from pastels, especially yellow.

emmcee
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Laura (DD) is a brunette and she looks so good in turquoise, bright green, and reds or bright pinks. Anything bright and bold. :nod:

hbpuppy
03-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Me next. Brunettes unite! My eyes are greenish-brown and I like to wear colors that bring out the green in my eyes like army green and plum. I think I get the most compliments when I wear deep red. For Christmas I wore a crayola green colored dress and I got a lot of compliments then too. I love tinted lip gloss so I wear a lot of berry gloss. There are supposedly some universal colors that looks great on everyone like eggplant, brown, teal, and blush pink. I wear blush pink a lot. I don't wear a lot of gray but I've been thinking about getting something gray. I wear a lot of black but I've found that I have to have some color on my lips or I look washed out. And, I think that I look masculine in navy blue but I like a really bright pinky baby blue. Have fun on your shopping trip.

GSMom385
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I am mostly a dark purple and dark blue girl myself, but I have really bright blue eyes, odd I know for a brunette. I get lots of looks and everybody thinks it is not my real hair color, but honest to gosh it is, or they think I have colored contacts, which I don't. My mom has dark brown eyes and really dark hair, my dad has bright blue eyes and is more fair haired so I am just an odd cross of the two. But I like darker colors, pale colors make my skin looked washed out and people ask me if I am not feeling well when I wear them. I wear tons of black, and lots of red too.

gigibee
03-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the jewel colors of red,green, navy, and plums, and brights in the same shades. I avoid pastels and yellows as they make me look washed out. I think you will have fun seeing a new color pallete in your closet.

Konnie

buggainok
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I am mostly a dark purple and dark blue girl myself, but I have really bright blue eyes, odd I know for a brunette. I get lots of looks and everybody thinks it is not my real hair color, but honest to gosh it is, or they think I have colored contacts, which I don't. My mom has dark brown eyes and really dark hair, my dad has bright blue eyes and is more fair haired so I am just an odd cross of the two. But I like darker colors, pale colors make my skin looked washed out and people ask me if I am not feeling well when I wear them. I wear tons of black, and lots of red too.

You sound like my twin. For years, everyone was sure I dyed my hair black, because it was so dark and I am very fair with bright blue eyes. Now I do use Clairol to cover the gray.

I wear a lot of the same colors as you do. I tested as a Winter in the Color Me Beautiful thing. The colors for that were the colors I had always liked anyway, so I didn't learn too much.

Sherri, I think you will like your hair a lot better when you get some new colors to go with it. People who are blond tend to wear very different colors than brunettes do.

It's a good excuse to shop (as if we ever need one.):D

irishchristine
03-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I am a burnette with a hint of a red undertone. At least the stylist mixes threee colors together to make this color look NATURAL! lol I have blue eyes and very pale Irish skin. I try and wear earth tones. I never wear pastels because it makes me look washed out!!

iloveflipflops
03-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok, that does it ... I am thinking no more pastels for me and that is making me very sad as that is all i have worn for YEARS! But the bright side is I get to find turquioise, red, dark purple ... I must go to Kohls tomorrow :).

Lisa
03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I have dark brown with a redish tinge and I get so many compliments when I wear Pink. Not pale or pastel but a vibrant pink.
Try it!
Lisa K

midnitecreations
03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I love deep colors in my outfits. I find that almost any color works as long as its a strong vibrant tone. No pastels. I feel washed out in those. A deep red is my favorite. Burnt orange is another. Turquoise is perfect. renu

veronica
03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I have dark brown eyes and am brunette.... I always get the most compliments when I wear red, yellow, pink, or lime green. I love yellow and will wear yellow all year long.... fashion police nightmare..lol

aselahop
03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I agree with all those color except maybe the lime greens on me. With my skin tone it doesn't work (and yellows too!). I always have a hard time buying clothes anyways, I tend to not like to stand out in a crowd. But bright colors are really a good choice on me.

Firecracker
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I am a brunette with olive skin and brown eyes. I love red. I wear light pink. I love to wear white, especially in summertime after I have a tan. I look horrible in black. I just blend in black. If black has color with it I can sometimes get away with it. Good luck Sherri. Have fun shopping. Hugs, Heather