PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Spring....

teabear
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Does anybody else feel like Spring is arriving? I am finally feeling like Spring is here today. I cleaned off the decks and brought out the deck furniture today. The birds are everywhere and seem very busy...I saw the first robin and ladybug today. My lilac & snowball bushes are budding out. DH is making BBQ ribs for dinner tonight. Ahhhhhhh

Any signs of spring where you are?

Vintagegal
03-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Our daffodils are now pushing out of the ground. :nod:

emmcee
03-10-2007, 07:45 PM
We have daffodils blooming most everywhere, and the forsythia (a bush that has the prettiest yellow flowers in the spring) are beginning to bloom everywhere. People were everywhere at Lowe's Garden Shop today buying yard stuff. And it was nearly 70 degrees here and I turned onthe air conditioner.

Nadine
It was sweater weather here today and snow was melting so it did feel like spring! I finally got to wash all the salt off the car without fear of it freezing so that was good. Tomorrow I'll start the big cleaning!

MidwestStamper
Well the 20+ inches of snow that we got last week is really starting to melt--since it got into the 50's here today! I went for a walk, and to me the air felt like spring--I just had to ignore the piles of snow everywhere!

Spartymom
03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
HOw cool that you had a bbq on the deck. OUr first spring signs were snow melting. We actually made a cool snowman in our spring jackets! It will melt, but we took pictures that will last a lifetime. Kim

hbpuppy
03-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Last night I was outside at night and I smelled the jasmine. MMM. I love that smell. Also, the ducks arrived. Every year we have a couple of mallard ducks that walk up our driveway to bum breadcrumbs from us suckers.

Christie
03-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Well today was about 82 if that's not a sign of spring I don't know what is!!

iloveflipflops
03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
It was near 70 degrees today. My crocus are blooming and my daffodils are starting to pop through. Woo hoo!!