PDA

View Full Version : Question about Iris Carts

ccstampin12
03-14-2007, 06:13 PM
If any of you have these carts, I need to know if you have ever stacked them. I know they are supposed to stack...
Here is my question...do you just stack them, or does the top, black part of the bottom one have to come off?
I'd vote to leave the top on in case I ever wanted to unstack them. Just don't want it to tip over!:rolleyes:
Anyone know?
Joanie

GrammaStamper
03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Being very short myself, I've never tried or thought about stacking. I can barely reach the top drawer now. LOL! I think they may be shakey, though. On mine, the darn wheels are always coming off.

ccstampin12
03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh, Barb, you really have to lean on those carts to "set" the wheels. I learned the hard way....had a mountain of stuff on one, and, sure enough, it tipped and everything went tumbling down...I learned about the wheels after that!
LOL

ccstampin12
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Being very short myself, I've never tried or thought about stacking. I can barely reach the top drawer now. LOL! I think they may be shakey, though. On mine, the darn wheels are always coming off.

3 feet tall???:twitcy:
LOL
Joanie

GrammaStamper
03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
3 feet tall???:twitcy:
LOL
Joanie

As I get older, I shrink, vertically! That probably explains the horizontal growth pattern I've had the last few years! :twitcy:

JBgreendawn
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I pulled the wheels off of mine when we moved and i could never find them again...
I have seen photos posted on the net of peoples rooms where they did stack them and they had so many they went the length of the wall...
( it never occured to me to think of how they got stuff in the top drawers.)
haha maybe she had one of those wheel library ladders that wasnt in the photos hee hee...

ellie
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Mine don't "link" together when I stack them. When you go to pull one of the drawers in the top unit out, I have to hold it or the whole unit will slide. I don't think it's too bad though...I keep my lighter stuff in the top ones and all the heavy stuff on the bottom.

shuggy
03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
i have two stacked up on each other. i love, love, love the snap case!!!

Deborah
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Okay, what's a "snap case?" :confused:

ccstampin12
03-15-2007, 08:46 AM
i have two stacked up on each other. i love, love, love the snap case!!!

Are you talking about the carts with the individual 12" x 12" snap closed boxes?
I have 3 of those and they are great!
I have several of the regular ones too, and they are great too, but I tend to lose things in them....need to totally reorganize and get rid of stuff!
Joanie:cute:

Nancy
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM
drawer carts and they are stacked on top of a 18 in high bookcase on the floor, I am 5-2 and can reach the top drawer fine. On top of them I have more plastic small photo boxes. I have never had them tip, didnt use wheels on any of them. I really am thinking of calling "Closet World" and having them build in their product. In the meantime this works fine. I have one wall of small shelves that arent working for me, so nice wood cabinets could go in their place. - Nancy A

mom_on_line
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I was wondering how to stack them, but just as well I don't. I did have a cart tip over on me a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, I only had a small wire cube on top of it and it barely missed my head! Guess I need to rearrange my stuff!

Far North
03-15-2007, 01:09 PM
The top on my carts are not flat. The top is a silly molded organizer. The indentations just aren't the size I want. I always thought that since it wasn't a smooth surface stacking would not be so good--but never looked at it seriously.

If you are looking for mini containers to organize your stuff in the drawers-I just found walmart sells some very inexpensive drawer baskets in their cosmetic department and have a great set of three small square ones in there plastic organizer section. They perfectly fit the drawer's width and are great for a small selection of the quick to grab of inks, tools and stamps.