PDA

View Full Version : another question about ink pads?

Jadyeebugsaunt
11-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Do any of you use the whisper ink pads, Do you like them and what do you use them on?

Thank you all for helping with trying to decided what ink pads I must have
Mindy

lost luggage
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I bought one whisper pad in black. I use it anytime I am going to apply water to the project...

mcourtney
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I haven't tried them but I've heard from a couple of people that they tend to be dry. I use the Marvy Matchables (Same type of pad but different ink). The pads are about 2" x 2" square and raised and are firm. They don't break down or fray after years of use. I've had mine for about 7 years and I've only had to ink the black pad. They stack on top of each other making them easy to store. I've tried SU (Loved the colors, hate the pads) and finally gave them away because they broke down in the middle and frayed. I'm not gentle with my stamp pad. I tend to be heavy handed when inking up so I needed a firm pad. Marvys are the only ones to survive so far.

ctinyjoy
11-03-2006, 12:14 PM
at a stamping convention last year. It was the last hour of the show and a vendor sold them to me for $10.00 brand new. I must say I like the color shades, but don't care so much for the inkpad. To me, they tend to bleed on regular cardstock once the item is stamped. I do find them a bit dry as well and I store them upside down. The entire holder they came in is upside down. I am glad to hear that it isn't just me with these pads ;)