PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indiana

GrannyDi
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

So glad I found The Stamp Shack. I started stamping about a year ago after my husband passed away. It helps fill the evening hours. I am retired, but keep my three-year-old granddaughter weekdays. I enjoy stamping alot and would like to learn some new techniques such as heat embossing, using colored pencils with gamsol and many others. I have seen many inspiring photos here and know there is much, much more to see and learn. I will become a permenant member in the next few days. Thanks for having me.

Diana

GrammaStamper
03-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Welcome, GrannyDi. You will love it here and it will fill more hours than you have available. I'm so glad you found your way here. Everyone is more than helpful and kind and generous.

C'mon, ladies, let's have a warm welcome for Diana. She contacted me for help in sorting out her membership, I directed her to Sherry and so far, all her experiences have been good. Let's just add to it for her.

Erin K
03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome! I hope you love the shack as much as I do.

Scrap This!
03-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome, Welcome. :)

iloveflipflops
03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome Diana. I am Sherri from NC. Its so nice to meet you!!

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
A huge welcome to you from a fellow Hoosier. I'm Jennifer (Inkinupstamps) and while I live in Canada now, I was born and raised in Indiana. I worked at Purdue University for many years too.

I'm so excited to see a fellow Hoosier on board. Looking forward to chatting with you and seeing your work in the gallery!

Jennifer :)

hbpuppy
03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the Stamp Shack Diana. I am glad that you found us too. This is a great group. All you have to do is ask a technical question or ask for a source for something and bam, someone helps you out.

Spartymom
03-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the shack. You will love everything about this place. The cards, the forum, the chat room and most of all the people. Welcome, welcome. Kim

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Diana...just me (Jennifer) again.

I just noticed you are from Peru, IN. My brother lives in Peru! Small world, eh?

Jennifer :)

ellie
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Hello Diana, and welcome to you! I am Ellie from NC!

limeyscrapper
03-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Diana, welcome aboard. You'll have lots of fun here - don't be shy, just jump right in and get involved.

GrannyDi
03-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Special thanks to Barb for helping with my registration.....and Sherry also.

Jennifer........I have lived in Peru my entire life. One son and his family live here also, and one son and his brood live nearby in Marion, Indiana. I have one granddaughter who is a junior at Purdue this year.

Guess I will have to work up some nerve to post in the gallery. I'm a little intimidated by everyone's beautiful work. Hope everyone will feel free to "criticize" as well as "pat on the back". I will definitely be open to any and all suggestions for doing better. Is it o.k. to post cards we've made in a stamp class/camp or do they need to be entirely out own creations?

Thanks again eveyone.

Diana

prdesigns
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi- I'm Peggy from Wisconsin, living in Illinois... my DH is from Benton County, Indiana!!

Welcome!!!

tojoco
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome Diana. Be prepared to lose track of time when you're spending time at the Shack. We're a lovable group with lots of talent and knowledge. BTW, I'm Joanne from Tennessee; originally from N.J.

cindi
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm Cindi from Maine,
Feel free to post your cards made at classes & camps..we love to see what others are doing.
I'm happy to meet a new member to our happy community.
:)

teabear
03-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the shack, Diana. You will soon find yourself spending many hours here! LOL I'm in CA.

Askmetostamp
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Fellow Hoosier! I am Kathy from Indianapolis! You will love this place...I am a newbie myself, but everyone makes you feel right at home. Jump right in....everyone is so nice! :cute:

GrammaStamper
03-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Is it o.k. to post cards we've made in a stamp class/camp or do they need to be entirely out own creations?

Thanks again eveyone.

Diana

Diana, it's definitely okay to post cards made in a stamp class/camp. As long as they're cards, not scrapbook pages. I'd love to see them, so post away.

moon_beam23
03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Diana, welcome to the Shack. You will find yourself addicted to this place. And the girls around here are great!