PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Newbie here!

MyRnAbS
03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I hope I fit in here. I have lurked around here, and it seems like a very nice place to be. Plus my bestest friend mjbonoan seems to love it here.

I'm from Zapata, TX. I am a full time college student. I study music!! In a year 1/2 I will become a music teacher, and I will LOVE every minute of it. I decided to go back to college after 16 years, I did it in wrong sequence. I got married, and had children first. I am 35 years old, and growing. :biglaugh: I am in a constant battle with my weight. I want to loose 20lbs by May. Pray for me!!! It is a must that I stay fit because it helps with my health as well. I am a diabetic, therefore, I love sweets . Oh before I forget I have two wonderful girls. The oldest is 12 and the youngest is 6, I hope and pray to GOD that I'm not lured into having another one. My DH still wants a boy :no2: I've been married for 13 years, and in June it will be 14 years of love :huh:

I love to BUY more for scrappin and card making than what I actually do. Seriously I've been into card making fend since a while back. I love it!!! I recently received a cricut, and I'm in HEAVEN!! I now make cards super fast and easy. I hardly stamp anymore, But I do still love all my stamps. Just giving them a rest for a few weeks. I'm a Stampin up Demonstrator, BUT only for hobby purposes. I am not your normal salesperson. I refuse!! I hate it!! Anyhoo, with my, my mother's and mjbonoan's purchases I ALWAYS have enough to meet my quota. I can't wait for my friend to join TAC that way we have the best of both worlds, YAY!!

Well I guess this is about it I feel like I've :chatterbox: TMI already.

teabear
03-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the shack! You will have fun visiting and being inspired here. I love that you put your pic up for us already! Nice to meet you.

MyRnAbS
03-16-2007, 06:54 PM
OH thank you so much Tami for the welcome!! I was a little nervouse, but I'm already feeling good. Hey I LOVE MARGARITAS!!!

scrappyyankee
03-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm Mickey from New York City. Welcome to the shack, I'm sure you will love it here. :spinny:

iloveflipflops
03-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Welcome. I am Sherri from NC. I am a SAHM with 2 kids, ages 14 and 11. You will love it here!!

hbpuppy
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
You are too funny. I think that you will fit in just great with this group. I'm Heather from Southern California. I'm 34 and I gave reactive hypoglycemia so I am all about the fake sugar. Maybe I can get you hooked. My tip: the best place for fake sweets is Harry and David. They have awesome carmel sauce, no sugar added cheesecake and lots of candies and chocolates. They did discontinue sugar-free pb cups which upsets me but there's lots of other goodies. I'm not married and I don't have kids. Just 2 really big boy dogs.

See, I can share too.

Sherry
03-16-2007, 08:01 PM
:welcome:

Hi Myrna! My name is Sherry (like that wasn't obvious, heehee) and I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to our community! If ever you need something, don't hesitate to ask. I can't wait to see your creations!

inkinupstamps
03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard the Stamp Shack Myrna! I love your name!

I'm Jennifer and I live just outside of Ottawa, Ontario but was born and grew up in the U.S.

You'll love it here. Sherry has created just THE BEST EVER stamp site for us. Share your art and your stories. We are all ears and eyes! :)

Jennifer :)

Patty
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi, there--I'm Patty from Connecticut. I'm glad you're here. I have only been here for a couple of months and I really love it. Like you, I am better at purchasing than I am at actually getting things done. I also love to reorganize everything. BUT, this is where the inspiration is. I've been stamping for about 8 years, but only 2 years at scrapping. I love it all.

mjbonoan
03-16-2007, 08:57 PM
:welcome: Hey, I'm glad you finally made it in here... :yay:boy was I surprised to see your name, there can't possibly be more than one of you!!!

If you lose any more weight you will surely fade away...

Oh...BTW, Mom and Ted finally came home with my new grill, therefore we're cooking out tomorrow. Call me later.:balloons:

:wub2:

Mary

cindi
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm Cindi from Maine!
Just jump right in And have fun here...we all do
BTW I love my cricut, too!
:)

smileycollector
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Welcome Mryna! We're so glad you've joined us all here at The Stamp Shack! You won't find a friendlier, funnier, more creative bunch of gals anywhere! Thank you for introducing yourself to us!
Smiles 2 U!

moon_beam23
03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the Shack! You will love it here. I'm Renée.

mahodgman
03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the Shack! Any friend of mjbonoan is a friend of ours. I hope you enjoy the site.

ellie
03-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Hello. I think you are going to fit in just fine! This is a great place. I am Ellie from NC.

MyRnAbS
03-17-2007, 03:37 AM
OMG!! I feel so honored to have had so many responses in a small matter of time. Thank you all so very much for making me feel welcomed. I will post some creations tomorrow.

I am so interested in that fake sugar, will pm you tomorrow for more info right now I'm off to bed.

Scrap This!
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
welcome, I am Melanie from Idaho. If it makes you feel any better I did things backwards too. Married, kids (DS 14, DD 10) then back to school have about a 1 1/2 left before receiving teaching degree.

mommagus
03-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the shack! You will love it here. I am Kelly from South Dakota.

MyRnAbS
03-17-2007, 04:23 PM
welcome, I am Melanie from Idaho. If it makes you feel any better I did things backwards too. Married, kids (DS 14, DD 10) then back to school have about a 1 1/2 left before receiving teaching degree.

I'm so glad that I found someone just like me!!! I've been searching, but to no avail. I knew there were more like me!! Just not at my school. They all look 10!!! I look ancient, and feel it. Well I'm enjoying the last days of spring break, and on Monday it's back to the books!! I can't wait till the summer I might and I'm stressing MIGHT take a 3 hours course but that's it for me. I too have little to go. Are you doing your blocks? I am in block I it's rather strange with all that ELL's.

Everyone pray for me!!! Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing!!:wideeyed: