PDA

View Full Version : Would you look at this card? I am in total AWE!

iloveflipflops
03-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I just found it over at Splitcoast but I am posting it here in case you can't get into their gallery if you aren't a member. NoTimeToStamp posted it and I just think it is so cute!!!!!

Here is how she made the "sucker" (which I call lollipop)---------

This is for today’s inspiration challenge – when I saw the inspiration piece I saw suckers/lollipops, so that’s what I went with, especially considering I need a boy’s get well card. The last time I tried a lollipop it came out very girly. This one is definitely more boy-ish!

This time, to make the sucker I layered punched circles, with a chipboard circle as the base layer. I then coated 3 times with Glassy Glaze Enamel for the shiny lollipop look – very shiny and smooth IRL.

I’m using some new paper today that has a smooth side and a textured side. For this project I used the textured side showing. I just love it. The paper is called Prismatics and is made by Prism Papers and can be seen at www.prismpapers.com. The colors I used are listed below.

This card measures 6” x 5”. The paper I used was 12” x 12”, allowing me to get a large 6” card, and we all know, large cards are my favorite!!! Thanks for looking!

maxiesmom
03-17-2007, 03:21 PM
That is sooo cool! Imagine the poor child that wants to eat it though!

cindi
03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
how cool is that!
Thanks for showing us Sherri!
:)

scrappyyankee
03-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Great card!! Your lollipop is awesome. TFS.

Mickey :cute:

iloveflipflops
03-17-2007, 03:55 PM
At first glance, I did think it was real and thought wow, what a neat way to give a lollipop and then once I read everything, I thought it was even neater she made it out of paper. I may do that for my godchild.... :)

Erin K
03-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I think it's super cool, but I also love the idea of doing it with a real lollipop. That girl is great, I'm in her whole gallery now.

mommagus
03-17-2007, 05:05 PM
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing!

My3Ds
03-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm a dork. I thought the lolli was real. Duh. Nice card though.

emmcee
03-17-2007, 06:29 PM
What a cool card! I thought it was real too. Great card for a boy or a tomboyish type girl.

moon_beam23
03-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm in total awe too. I thought it was a real lollipop. I had to go back and read the directions! LOL

buggainok
03-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for showing that to us. I am impressed, too. Who would think you could make something that realistic with paper?

hutchink
03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
That is an awesome sucker! I love how she did that!

~K