PDA

View Full Version : What size is the littlest space

prdesigns
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
you've worked in??? Currently, I have a desk and a 6 foot long white table, with piles of Cuttlebug stuff, completed cards, stamps, inks, ribbons etc... and my work space is about 12" x 12". When I get frustrated:confused: and need more room, I try and push everything back... and then stuff starts falling every where:biglaugh: .... I know it's time to clean and put away supplies.

What about you? How big is your normal work area??

Erin K
03-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I have my desk, it's like an executive office desk, I try to keep about three feet of it in the middle clear. I'm pretty good about that, can't think right with crap all over the desk.

When I started crafting I had one sterlite container that held everything. I can't even imagine that now!

Nadine
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I converted the closet in my spare room into my stamping space so most of my storage is on the wall. The desk that I made is 5' wide and 2' deep and takes up the whole closet. I really love it. I'm managed to keep it fairly clean but scraps of paper do find their way on the desk, making the work are pretty small. Bound to happen I guess. lol

aselahop
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm like Nadine. I too work out of the closet in a spare room. Mind ya it's not a walk in closet...lol. Everything is on shelves up the inside wall with my desk at the bottom. It works for now. I'll be moving and God willing I'll finally have a room!

ellie
03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
For several years, I just had the corner of a room. I had a table that was about 5' long with a shelf underneath. I went from a corner of the bedroom to a corner of the dining room and back to the bedroom. Once my son moved out, I took over his old room and now I have a great space. I posted some pics in the gallery awhile ago if you want to peek.

Christie
03-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Well when I first started I worked at the kitchen table. Then when we moved I had my own room but didn't have anything to put stuff on . I worked on a 6"x6" table for a few months until someone gave me a table. I now have a 5" table that is full of stuff but I have about 1 1/2 feet of space to work on. I've been picking up storage at garage sales. It sure saves money when you can get stuff at them!

JBgreendawn
03-20-2007, 02:31 PM
When i first started stamping i stamped on the kitchen table so an area about the size of a place mat i guess, and i kept all my stamps in plastic boxes inside pretty stationary boxes under a sofa table in the living room.
( so a lot of hauling back and forth )
now i have a corner of a 500 sq foot room and on a main table thats 6 foot long i usually have a place to work in the center of it thats the size of a cutting mat like quilters use. ( I do a lot of cutting with an exacto knife plus its a good surface to stamp on.)
pretty funny i guess but, i think its probably the size of a place mat too.
:)