PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this?

LinzyD
03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Has anyone tried to use the blending marker by Prismacolor. It is supossed to blend both the Prismacolor marker and their pencils... It might be worth a try, but I haven't heard of anyone testing it out. Also, does anyone know of a good skin tone color of marker? I'm wanting to use it for my Bellas. I bought a marker (different kind than Prismacolor) at HL yesterday and I HATE it so I'll be taking it back. So many of the labels on the markers looked WAY different than when I tested them out and actually colored with them...
Linzy

flyingflower
03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I've heard of a blending PENCIL to go with the prismacolor pencils, but not the marker

moosemama
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I saw that in a prisma kit that had the sharpener and a few other things. I haven't used it or bought it as I don't have the prisma markers. I do have the blenders that came with my pencil kit and they soften up the pencil lines to smooth out the color. I haven't been using the mineral spirits, so I like using that colorless blender pencil

LinzyD
03-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, I saw the marker at HL yesterday ($3.99) and it says it can blend both pencils and/or marker...maybe I'll give it a try...
Linzy

buggainok
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I use the Prismacolor "Peach" for flesh tones, and color very lightly. It works pretty well. I haven't blended any of the colors yet, just vary the pressure and how many layers of color I use.

Erin K
03-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Linzy I have a good skin tone marker, I'm nursing right now but I'll post here and tell you what number and brand it is in a few minutes.

hutchink
03-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I have the blending marker! I like it! I have not used it with the markers yet though...

~K

LinzyD
03-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Linzy I have a good skin tone marker, I'm nursing right now but I'll post here and tell you what number and brand it is in a few minutes.

Great! I would muchly appreciate it!
Linzy

Erin K
03-21-2007, 12:26 AM
crap I forgot, BRB

Erin K
03-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Linzy, it's tombow 850.

dreis1
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Linzy, I originally bought some LePlume markers. I hate them because they do not mark the same color as the cap shows. The yellow came out green. I went to SU markers and have not been sorry, plus it matches their paper and ink. Their blush one is a little darker than I like, so I use my chalk. It seems to be just the right color. HTH Glinda