PDA

View Full Version : Santa was waiting for me when I got home - now I have a dumb question

dgbearsmom
11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
This unmounted rubber is kind of new to me. I know I can put it on an acrylic block, but do I have to put it on that creative cling stuff first so it has the cushy thing or do I just stick it directly to the block and if so with what? I can't wait to start playing with him! I got my Versafine ink while I was on vacation and now I just need to get a brayer.

TIA
Judy

suzi_f
11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I added the clingy stuff. I know the stamp store you sent me to when I was in KC had it. You can stick them down w/double stick tape. I don't know how well they stamp w/any cushy stuff. I think Erin does this but has some sort of pad thing under where she stamps. Trial & error?? I don't have versafine & don't have a brayer. Hitting Michael's (and maybe Archiver's) tomorrow.

iloveflipflops
11-04-2006, 07:18 AM
I think Erin does do double sided tape but she has some kind of foam thing that she stamps on top to provide the cushion.

Hope this helps.

mydogstinks2
11-04-2006, 09:06 AM
That Erin uses!! Is it just like a mouse pad? I'm have some trouble with my santa. Not huge trouble but when I stamp him there is a spot down one side that dosen't stamp. I think the pad might help.

Alli
11-04-2006, 09:15 AM
If you don't have the EZ Mount or Kling On, you can mount your stamp onto the acrylic block with a dry glue stick like Pritt and then just wash it with dish soap when you have finished. Put a wad of paper under your piece of cardstock to give the stamp some "give" and it should work.
But with a precious stamp like Santa, you really should invest in the EZ Mount.:)

Erin K
11-04-2006, 10:41 AM
here's a link to the mat thingie I use
http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.com/ProductDetail?SKU=6-758-504123

I love this. I use it all the time, with large stamps like the famous santa it really helps to get even coverage.

:)e

iloveflipflops
11-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Yep, I get a clean crisp image everytime IF I stand up. No sitting down with this stamp. hee hee

Alli
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
here's a link to the mat thingie I use
http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.com/ProductDetail?SKU=6-758-504123

I love this. I use it all the time, with large stamps like the famous santa it really helps to get even coverage.

:)e

I have the mat too Erin! :)

dgbearsmom
11-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I appreciate your help. I have no problem buying the mounting stuff, I just wasn't sure. I'm heading to the LSS today!

Judy