PDA

View Full Version : question...

shuggy
11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
what is the difference between pearlx powder and perfect pearls and twinkling h2o's?

and how do you it?

lost luggage
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Ok- I'll try this one:

Twinkling H2O's are watercolor paint pots. I just got some...used them once and they ROCK!

Perfect Pearls are luminescent powders that can be used many ways...alone with versamark, mixed with EP, like chalk...I h ave not had great luck with them, but there is potential (they are expensive...total coupon item.)

Pearlx...don't know :(

Twinkling H2O's are so worth the money!! I can't wait to experiment with them more. :)

Erin K
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I know this one

Pearl EX are pigment powders they need to be used with some type of binder to fix them. Lots of people use future floor wax. I've never used that though. I mixed mine into embossing powders or clear acrylic paint. I didn't love mine and sold them about a year ago.

Perfect Pearls are similar but have binder in them already so if you use them with versamark or even water (like a paint) they adhere to the paper just fine, they can also be mixed with stuff. I like these much better than the pearl ex. Oh there is a "perfect medium" you can stamp with and they will stick to that but I perfer versamark.

twinkling H2O's are watercolor paints that have a shimmer to them. Use them with water and a paint brush just like the watercolor paints you used in school. They are lovely

shuggy
11-04-2006, 11:42 PM
so i guess i have another question. at stamp club the other week, we used something that was mixed in a bottle with a little hairspray and then sprayed it on the card to give it a shimmery look. i can't find the girl who made it so i don't know what was mixed in it. any ideas what would achieve this same effect?

lost luggage
11-04-2006, 11:49 PM
That's interesting...now I'll be buying craft supplies at beauty supply AND at Lowes. lol

I betyou can put anything in with hairspray and it will stick to the paper...maybe it was one of the pearl type powders.. ??

shuggy
11-04-2006, 11:51 PM
i got some perfect pearls today and tried that in the bottle, but it doesn't really look any different than if i didn't spray it. i just don't know...

lost luggage
11-05-2006, 12:11 AM
What about that Krylon glitter spray? How much different would that be from the look your friend made?

suzi_f
11-05-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm totally confused by all this stuff too. I think my friend bought pearl ex today. She used it w/versamark, kinda like chalk. Are you saying this NOT the right way to use it. We're going to play w/them next month at our stamp "meeting".

Alli
11-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Angie, it sounds like you used Moonglow glitz spritz. It can be seen here

http://www.clickoncrafts.co.uk/products/cardandpapercraft/penspencilscolouring/899

I have the moonglow embossing powders and they are gorgeous they are two tone, depending on what angle you view them from.
I believe the glitz spritzes are the same they are bottles of spray ink that shimmer as they dry! :) HTH!

stampcrazyjulie
11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
am glad that you asked this question. I am among the clueless on this! I bought some Perfect Pearls @ Roberts about 2 years ago & have yet to use them because I din't know how, or know really what they were used for, they just looked cool, & I used a 40% coupon on them!

Thanks Alli, I will have to check the link & see this glitter stuff Angie is talking about! :)

Erin K
11-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm totally confused by all this stuff too. I think my friend bought pearl ex today. She used it w/versamark, kinda like chalk. Are you saying this NOT the right way to use it. We're going to play w/them next month at our stamp "meeting".

Well it will work but won't stick as well so it could still smear around, the Pefect Pearls will adhere better because there is a binder in with the powder that will make it better for that technique.

Let us know what else you learn to do with the pearl ex at your meeting. I really didn't find them that great and got rid of mine and replaced with the perfect pearls.

teabear
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I just posted a couple of cards in the gallery that I made using perfect pearls. I hope that helps you get a better idea of what they look like. They are both copper trees on black backgrounds.

so-muchlove
11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Angie, it sounds like you used Moonglow glitz spritz. It can be seen here

http://www.clickoncrafts.co.uk/products/cardandpapercraft/penspencilscolouring/899

I have the moonglow embossing powders and they are gorgeous they are two tone, depending on what angle you view them from.
I believe the glitz spritzes are the same they are bottles of spray ink that shimmer as they dry! :) HTH!

Another thing I just have to have. ;p These looks cool Alli. TFS!! I gotta find a place that sells them now. He he!!