PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Self-Addressed Kit To Try.....

mahodgman
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
I just ordered a Self-addressed old kit to try out and see what kind of things they include. I'm not really impressed with the embellishments that came with it. There are a bunch of plastic bread-tie things. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with those! Has anyone used these for cards? There are some really nice papers and a set of unmounted month stamps, so that is really cool. The grand total for this 6x6 kit was just over $10 including shipping....not bad.

Erin K
03-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Hmm, the twisty ties? I've seen those but not used them.

I hope I like the kit I ordered it too! Mine just ships with my normal mothly kit.

inkinupstamps
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I know a lot of people who use Self Addressed and make beautiful cards with it but I've never had a kit myself. I'll be eager to see what you come up with, Mary!

Jennifer :)

mahodgman
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Hmm, the twisty ties? I've seen those but not used them.

I hope I like the kit I ordered it too! Mine just ships with my normal mothly kit.

No, not the wire twisty things. These are flat plastic with a hole at one end that goes around the bread bag. I'll go take a pic of the kit.

mahodgman
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Here is a pic of the kit. Can you see the plastic things? http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=selfaddy&ct=60355&pd=275431

Erin K
03-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I have no idea what you should do with those...

I think I'm getting this kit if I think of something I'll be sure to share, maybe we can just have embelished bread?

hbpuppy
03-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I've seen folks use them like mini tags on cards. You can stamp on them and use ribbon to tie them onto the card. It is just a little more dimention than a paper tag. It looks like a nice variety of paper.

suzi_f
03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, we get TONS of those at work (plastic bread thingies). Should I start saving them?????

loobylou
03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
You can add coloured UTEE to them if you are quick and don't get the heat gun too close then whilst they are still melty stamp an inked rubber stamp into the warm UTEE. clip them over a ribbon and use as a cute little embellishment. I will try to make one today and post here. YES Suzi- start saving
Sarah

loobylou
03-29-2007, 11:28 PM
OK I just tried this and got myself in a real mess
you know how I said don't get too close with the heat gun- watch out i did and I ended up with a shrinky!'Maybe this was not good advice
just colour them with alcohol inks and stamp with Stazon- that works fine
sarah

shuggy
03-29-2007, 11:38 PM
yes, i got those too. they are still in the bag...i'm clueless!

mahodgman
03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I guess that is my next mission, to figure out what to do with the bread time things. Alcohol inks and StaZon sounds interesting. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Erin K
03-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Maybe make goodie bags of either candy or small embelishments and use those to tie the baggies off? That's the only thing I can think of.

I have a friend here who an altered artist and whenever I end up with strange junk like that I usually give it to Tess. She's amazing, she will take stuff I'm SURE is trash and turn it into art.

JBgreendawn
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Somebody mailed me some of those things as a hostess gift once.
I have never used them.
but i guess if you had maybe some rub on letters you could rub a letter on then then hang that off a ribbon or something on a page? ( the person who sent them intended to be used on a scrap page was what i gathered from her note)