PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I have the brayer

suzi_f
11-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Now what?? I think I can manage the "normal" big stamp pads. I just roll the brayer on them until it's all inked up & then rub it on the stamp, right? Will there be enough ink on the brayer to inkthe whole Santa image??

What about my tiny ink pads? I have some of those teardrop ones. How to I evenly ink the brayer w/those?

Someone, HELP!

teabear
11-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I use my brayer on the cardstock to make backgrounds. You can stamp images with versamark and then brayer over them with color and it leaves a lighter place where you stamp. You can use the brayer for the wax paper resist technique. I'll try to find a link if that's what you want to do. As far as using it to put ink on the stamp, I haven't done that. Someone else will know.

teabear
11-05-2006, 01:31 PM
from 2peas on brayers. It has lots of links in it to ideas and samples. I hope this helps to answer your question.
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=952627

suzi_f
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Ok, I used the brayer. COOL!! I inked it up w/the brilliance ink and then used the amazing santa stamp (I'll post later). Then, I tried to ink it w/the teardrop shaped pad. I didn't work well but, got it done. I was able to stamp 3 images from one brayer full of ink. That was kinda cool. Of course, now my brayer is grayer. I guess I'll have to get over that.

Tami, thanks for the site. It helped alot!