PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Liquid Applique

teabear
11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I just bought some of this to use for a snowy effect on some images. Do I use the heat gun right away or let it dry and then use the heat gun. Any help would be appreciated.

shuggy
11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
i use it for snow...i put it on the area, be careful to not use too much...a little goes a long way, and then heat it immediately. don't heat it too much or it will scorch and turn brown. as soon as it's done puffing up, it's done.

hope this helps.

angie

teabear
11-05-2006, 02:21 PM
That helps a bunch! I'll post them later :)

Alli
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Tami, you can do it both ways.
If you want uneven puffiness heat is straight away. If you want it to be a very even raised effect, leave it to dry overnight and then heat it, it raises all together if it is dry.
But if you are doing snow, I would heat it straight away as snow is very uneven. Heat from quite a way away and be careful it burns very quickly, if you have a powerful heat gun, heat from underneath.

so-muchlove
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I think you viewed my card... but if you look closely at the Santa Hat and the snow on the ground, I used the Liquid Applique and heated it right away. It is unevenly puffy. Here is my card: http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=516&limit=recent. HTH!!

Alli, thanks for the tip about letting it dry and then heating it for an even puffy look!! I didn't know that!!

teabear
11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
It's fun to play with. The cards turned out good...the uneven look is perfect for these projects. Thanks Alli for the tip on overnight drying.

HeatherJ
11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Alli, thanks for the tip about letting it dry overnight for a smoother "puff" - I didn't know that!

HeatherJ