PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone up to today? Any special plans for the weekend?

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm off to the pediatrician's to get Keiji's stitches removed.
Wish me luck!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Jane

lbakerc42
10-13-2006, 12:57 PM
THis weekend we are selling popcorn to support the cub scouts.

We have a boating trip planned, while really not planned, we take the boat out and wander...never know where we will end up.

Hope the stitches come out easy!

Linda

MidwestStamper
10-13-2006, 01:05 PM
What age are your boys? I remember when my two boys would dress up in their cute cub scout uniforms and go door to door--who could resist them? My DH was Cub Master for a couple years too. We ate alot of popcorn!

--Lidia

lost luggage
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I wish I had something more glamerous to report here... but we're staying around here...we MIGHT go to the dog beach, but it looks rainy and cold. DH has an appointment to drill holes in 30 trays for the lady across the street's craft project, and tonight we're going grocery shopping! Thank god, it's slim pickin's around here today :)

craft a latte
10-13-2006, 01:33 PM
go to the movies with girlfriends tonight.
Tomorrow we have two soccer games.:)

kulakid
10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
It is still nice and sunny around here, so tomorrow we are headed to the Pumpkin Patch :) DH has a hockey game tomorrow night, so we'll go watch, and Sunday is Thanksgiving dinner #2 ( w/ my family - parents were away), so MORE turkey! Mmmmm!!!

Good luck with the stitches...poor little guy!

Erin K
10-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I have the most adorable picture in my head! I think I know, your normal beaches don't allow dogs, but this special one does right?

My dad and stepmom are coming in tonight and will be here tomorrow.

lost luggage
10-13-2006, 03:07 PM
There are beaches here....or parts of beaches where they allow you to bring your dogs and let them run wild. Ichiro usually runs straight for the water and lays in it. (Like he's in that Chris Iaasic video lol) the waves crash over him. We can't figure out why he sits there and takes all that cold water, but whatever floats his boat! It's really neat to see all the dogs. (There are SO many!)

bubblegum girl
10-13-2006, 03:33 PM
i'm headed to a wedding near calgary

so-muchlove
10-13-2006, 04:44 PM
My DH is going on business all next week so we want to take the kids to do something fun... so we'll do something... but not sure what yet. ;) Either Great America or maybe this fun pumpking patch about 30 min away. :) Then just a lot of errrands.

Hope everyone else has a very exciting weekend!!

Hugs,
Lisa

lost luggage
10-13-2006, 04:49 PM
I can't wait....I can't wait for it to be easier to get around with the baby. (Like when she can walk!) I suppose next year is going to be totally different- next year we'll be at the pupkin patch petting zoo and running around all over the place.

She's actually eating some bread I cut up for her now. It's hysterical. She goes crazy when she sees the bread, then she takes each cube, one at a time, and puts it as far back into her mouth as she can get her fat little hand! I keep showing her that she doesn't need to put it in that far, but she keeps on trying it that way! lol The dog has a new favorite place to sit- directly under the high chair. It's like Christmas for him!

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Keiji had only one stitch that needed to come out. The other one dissolves on its own. *phew* I don't think I would have been able to hold him down much longer... broke my heart to see him struggle so.

Jane

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-13-2006, 05:24 PM
What age are your boys? I remember when my two boys would dress up in their cute cub scout uniforms and go door to door--who could resist them? My DH was Cub Master for a couple years too. We ate alot of popcorn!

--Lidia

Ken is 3.5 yrs old and Keiji is 20 mo. old.

Ken has decided that he is not going to get dressed up because he is Ken. He crossed his arms and announced this loudly in the middle of the costume aisle at Target. He ended it with "And that's that." lol!

I finally talked him into considering Spiderman pj's.
DH has put his foot down. No costume means no trick-or-treating.

:) Jane

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't wait....I can't wait for it to be easier to get around with the baby. (Like when she can walk!) I suppose next year is going to be totally different- next year we'll be at the pupkin patch petting zoo and running around all over the place.

She's actually eating some bread I cut up for her now. It's hysterical. She goes crazy when she sees the bread, then she takes each cube, one at a time, and puts it as far back into her mouth as she can get her fat little hand! I keep showing her that she doesn't need to put it in that far, but she keeps on trying it that way! lol The dog has a new favorite place to sit- directly under the high chair. It's like Christmas for him!

How cute!! Keiji does this with raisins and fruit. I'm always worried that he's going to shove it back too far! Our cat, Mia, is always lurking around the high chair. lol!

Jane

Lisa
10-13-2006, 06:40 PM
This weekend I plan on NOT cooking for the entire weekend. My girls are back at school, and I can relax. I plan on doing some prep for my BIG job interview Monday am!! I am really excited! I'm interviewing for a manager position. Wish me luck!!
Lisa k

lost luggage
10-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Good luck, Lisa!!!

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Good luck with the interview, Lisa.

Jane