PDA

View Full Version : Scor-it tool

stampinot
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Has anyone ever used this tool or does anyone have one? I was thinking of purchasing this since I do so much swapping. Someone told me that they love theirs. It is pricey. I would appreciate any input.
thanks
Julie

shuggy
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
this is like deja-vu!! what is it?

stampinot
11-05-2006, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine says she has used it and with all the swapping I do thinks it is worth the money for me. Apparently it helps save a lot of time and is very accurate with scoring. I do not know how to post a link or I would to the sites I get from google. I also looked it up on ebay. The cheapest I can find it so far is for 50.00. Kind of pricey. Let me know what you find out
Julie

dgbearsmom
11-05-2006, 08:46 PM
But I have a Cutterpede trimmer, which has a scoring blade that you can put in it replacing the regular cutting blade. I love it. It scores very well and is accurate. I got the trimmer at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off Internet coupon. It's about $20 regular price and the blade shuttles are 2.99. They have a perforating blade and some pattern ones too.

Judy

laos348
11-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I have this. I tried everything else before buying but am officially scoring impaired. This tool is fantastic! I get a perfect score every time (and when you're making things like nugget boxes, that is a really GOOD thing). I know it is a bit pricey but it really works well and I no longer mangle cardstock and get frustrated so, for me, it was worth the cost.

Laura

GrammaStamper
11-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Here's a link. If you click on the lower photos, it enlarges the images.

http://www.scorit.com/links.html

kathyy
11-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I too have a cutterpede so I use it for scoring. I do not have the scor-it but would not get it. It seems to limited to be so expensive.

patg
11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
i use the one on my fiskar cutter and sometimes use my bone thing.

Pat

stampcrazyjulie
11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Hmmm...very interesting! I have never used a scorer...is it a must have? What do you all use it for anyways? Can't you just do the regular old fold instead?

laos348
11-07-2006, 08:00 AM
I use it for other things that need folds: nugget boxes, kisses boxes, 2-4-6-8 boxes, that kind of thing. I've also used it to add score lines as part of a card design.

Laura