PDA

View Full Version : Marja's paper bag card translation

tesschap
04-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Joanne/Marja:

I tried to PM you with the below instructions but I received an error message that there are too many characters. I tried to shorten it but there were still too many. Let me know if you have any questions or if I need to further clarify anything.

Have a great day.

Here are the instructions for the paper bag card. The English translation is in blue. I haven't heard back from the friend that I work with and one of our Executive VP's (who is from the Netherlands) emailed me a picture of his new grandson yesterday. I asked if he would translate something for me and he did it in two minutes! Let me know if you need me to convert the measurements to inches or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Teresa
‘dit is een van de werkwijze om een paperbag kaart te maken. morgen zal ik er nog een maken teresa. hier komt hij:
This is one of the ways to make a paper bag card. tomorrow I will make another one. here it is

werkwijze Paperbag card met sluiting
Work instruction of paper bag with a means to close/lock it

de maten van de paperbag die ik heb gebruikt zijn: 27cm x 14cm.
The dimensions of the paper bag that I used are: 27cm by 14 cm (divide cm -> inches = divide cm by 2.5)

-neem de paperbag voor je met de print naar boven (als deze er op staat). -vouw 8,5cm van boven naar beneden met een
mooie scherpen vouw.
-If the paper bag has a print/logo on it place the printed side up, fold 8.5cm from top to bottom with a nice sharp crease

-je weet nu waar evt de sluiting moet gaan komen.
-Now you know where eventually the means to lock/close it will be located

-vouw weer open.
- Open the fold

-ga evt met een inkt langs de randen van de paperbag als je dit leuk vindt
-If you like you can use a magic marker to mark the edges

-scrap de voorkant van de paperbag tot de sluiting naar eigen idee.
-Scrapbook the front of the paper bag up to the fold the way that you want

-snij dan een stukje papier van 8cm x 13,5cm voor de bovenkant van de paperbag.
-Cut a piece of paper with the following dimensions 8cm x 13.5 cm for the top part of the paper bag.

-ook dit versier je naar eigen idee met evt een tekst.
-Make a drawing and/or add text to this piece of paper that you just cut

-maak nu een sluiting, door een vierkantje of rondje te snijden en versier dit.
-Prepare the locking device by cutting a small square or circle, color or make the little square/circle pretty

-ook kan je kleine labeltjes maken en deze aan de paperbag bevestigen met een splitpen / lintje / fiber.
-If you wouldd like one could add little labels and connect these to the paper beg with a piece of string/raffia, split pen

-je kan de paperbag kaart versieren naar eigen idee.
-If you would like you can pretty up the card with artwork any way you like

-snij nog een kaartje van 15cm x 11cm van effen papier.
-Cut another card with the dimensions of 15 cm x 11 cm of paper (use any color)

-versier dit kaartje naar eigen idee met een mooie stempel. (dit kaartje is dan om in de paperbag te stoppen)
-Pretty up this card, use artwork or a stamp (this card is intended to be enclosed by the paper bag)

de achterkant van de paperbag heb ik niet bewerkt
I left the back side of the bag alone

ik vindt dit eigelijk niet nodig.
I really don't think that is needed

zo is het toch ook te zien dat het een paperbag is waar je je kaart op hebt gemaakt.
This way one can see that you used a paper bag as a foundation/base on which you prepared the card

ik wens je heel veel plezier met het maken van de 'paperbagkaart'
I wish you to have lots of fun making this 'paper bag card"

groetjes marja’
Best personal regards, Marja

tojoco
04-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks Teresa and also to your friend for the translation. I will be posting a swap for this card sometime today.

tesschap
04-04-2007, 07:41 AM
You're welcome. I will be signing up for this swap!

Have a great day.

emmcee
04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I hope I can catch this swap. I love Marja's paperbag cards.

Thanks so much for getting the instructions and interpretations. :nod:

scrapsoon
04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Haha strange to read on this site dutch.
For a sec.it was weard.

cindi
04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
translated!
I loved Marja's cards. I want to try this swap! I hope I get the directions, sometinmes I have a hard time with written directions..it's a dyslexic thing, I think!
:)

tojoco
04-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Girls, I am trying to create the paperbag card myself before I post the swap but it's taking me a while. I will let you know before I post the swap. If the need exists, I will post 2 swaps because these cards look really cool. Thanks for being patient.

Deborah
04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
THANKS for that Teresa!! :)

tesschap
04-05-2007, 05:25 AM
No problem. I'm glad I could help. I'm also trying to make a card from the instructions but I think I'm using the wrong type of bag. When I'm out today I will look for the paper bag that I think I need and give it another try.

I'm signing up for the paper bag swap. These cards are adorable!