PDA

View Full Version : Having to scroll now

maxiesmom
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok, so we got a much larger monitor yesterday cause our old one finally died. So I have a 19" now and am having to scroll to see the whole message being posted and I didn't have to do this on the smaller screen. I know it has to do with a pixel setting or some sort of nonsense, but I have no idea how to adjust this.
Please help me, oh computer gurus!

GrammaStamper
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Kathy, right click on the desktop screen, the one that first comes up when you turn on the computer.

You will get a dialogue box and the bottom word should be "Properties". Left click on that. Another box opens and look for the tab that says "Settings" along the top and click on that.

Near the bottom of that box you will see "Screen Resolution". It's on a slider bar. Mine is set for 1280 x 1024. That is a good screen size. Then, click on apply and it will come up with a view for you to see. If you like it, say ok, if not go back and change the numbers downward on the slider bar. I personally thing 1280 x 1024 is excellent resolution.

maxiesmom
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks Barb! I knew it was something in Properties but had no idea which one would do the trick! The default must have been the very lowest setting. All better now!
You rock!

GrammaStamper
04-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Glad to have been of service, ma'am!