PDA

View Full Version : How about a 3D Santa Sleigh?!

Sherry
11-06-2006, 11:18 AM
In light of our very friendly Shack Santa who LOVES to have his photo taken, I was inspired to try something else this morning. How about a Santa Sleigh??

Here is a quick photo - please excuse the messiness; this was my prototype/test sample. :)

Creating this template was rather easy - I actually got all of the measurements bang on with the first try, whoohoo! If I have time later on today I will make a new sample, completely decorated of course.

You can download the pattern from the downloads section.

http://stamp-shack.com/sleigh.jpg

cahinton
11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh this is just too cute Sherry. It should be interesting to see how people decorate the sleigh. How big is this. Did you use a giant sheet of cardstock for this? TFS.

Carol

Sherry
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi Carol,

Believe it or not, this template uses just one 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock. The finished sleigh measures 6" x 4" x 2.5".

T'is very cute!

inkinupstamps
11-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh how fun! You gals are completely rearranging my day's plans! Now I HAVE TO give this sleigh a try! I think it would be perfect for holding a few Santa cards!

teabear
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow! Wouldn't it be a perfect holder for a small hostess gift.....candied nuts, a small set of tags or cards, an ornament......FUN!

cahinton
11-06-2006, 12:08 PM
You gals are definitely rearranging my day today too. I wish I could play today, but I've got to get to the post office this afternoon and run a few errands. I wanted to do this this morning lol!

I joined the calender advent swap on CST and I thought the sleigh would be a perfect holder for all the little boxes and envelopes. I just printed out the Santa background and it's so cute!

Carol

tojoco
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I think I need to trash my laptop. LOL I cannot get off this computer. Just look at this 3-D template. So many ideas swirling around in my mind. OMG, my refrigerator is empty and my craft supplies are out and waiting for me to create something but this website is way too interesting. I've already put off grocery shopping this morning. I have got to go shopping; I have got to go shopping; I have got to go shopping!!! I will turn my computer off NOW! LOL You girls have got to stop being so interesting and Sherry and Barb - stop creating some fun projects. I have no will-power!

inkinupstamps
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Go out for dinner and stay in and play. There are just too many fresh and fun ideas going on at the Stamp-shack!

Aww...come on...you know you don't HAVE TO go to the store. :D

Sherry
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow! Wouldn't it be a perfect holder for a small hostess gift.....candied nuts, a small set of tags or cards, an ornament......FUN!

I'm not sure how much weight this sleigh can hold as is but if you were to make a little support (perhaps a box shape) that you could place underneath the sleigh, I think it would be fabulous for candies and fruit!

little01jd
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I am giving decorated pens, small popcorn and blockbuster GC's for the teachers at DS school. I think these will be perfect for this sleigh. I will probably use thicker cardstock to support. Thanks for yet another fun template!