PDA

View Full Version : Do you scan or photograph your cards?

mjbonoan
04-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I've been scanning my cards instead of photographing them. I've noticed that the photographed cards are very nicely posed for the pix! I'm just wondering what other members prefer to do and why!

Thanks for replying!

shuggy
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
i scan most, but i love the way erin does hers. i need a new camera. that would help!

Deborah
04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
I like photographing, especially when there are dimensional things on the cards. :)

hutchink
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I use to scan but have been photographing since you can get a lot more detail on them!

~K

directmailscrapper
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I scan cuz it's so easy, but I love the beautifully photographed ones! I just don't have time to fuss with them. Nancy

ellie
04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I used the scanner because that's all I new how to do...my dh gave me a lesson on the camera and now that's what I do. I still need to work on that though. I am not too good at taking the pics yet.

moosemama
04-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I only know how to take the pics of cards with my digital camera and then upload them to my desktop folder and from there, upload to the shack. I love being able to have a pic of what I have created, especially with most of what I make being given to other people. Having it on the computer is kinda like having a photo album or portfolio of what I have done. We do have a scanner but I don't know how to use it!

prdesigns
04-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I use my camera. Since we moved last June, we no longer have the desk space to put the scanner up. I sort of miss it! I'm having trouble uploading to the Shack, my pictures are too big. So, until I figure that out, you can see my work on my blog!

mjbonoan
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
I use my camera. Since we moved last June, we no longer have the desk space to put the scanner up. I sort of miss it! I'm having trouble uploading to the Shack, my pictures are too big. So, until I figure that out, you can see my work on my blog!

Thanks for responding, DH and I both do some freelance photography (no where close to being experts), what I do is that I open my picture in Adobe photoshop and reduce the image size (lower the pixels)... If your unable to do this and your pictures are too big you can send them to me and I will gladly minimize them for you so you can post them if you need to.

I do this for my friend (myrnabs) all the time... we both use Yahoo messenger so she uploads them there I save them, fix them, upload and there it is, ready for gallery. Like I said, I'll be glad to help you!!! Just let me know!

loobylou
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
when I got a new computer, my scanner was not compatible, so now I photograph. I need to get the lighting thing right as sometimes the colours are not true.
For Peggy, Sherry recommends a free image resizing program that I use everytime now- its just 2 clicks and so easy. Maybe pm her for a link
Sarah

dulluth
04-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I have a camera, but the turn out better if I scan them.

MyRnAbS
04-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for responding, DH and I both do some freelance photography (no where close to being experts), what I do is that I open my picture in Adobe photoshop and reduce the image size (lower the pixels)... If your unable to do this and your pictures are too big you can send them to me and I will gladly minimize them for you so you can post them if you need to.

I do this for my friend (myrnabs) all the time... we both use Yahoo messenger so she uploads them there I save them, fix them, upload and there it is, ready for gallery. Like I said, I'll be glad to help you!!! Just let me know!

:eek:
Okay well you well know that I am worthless at taking pics because I learned recently that I was taking the pics too close!! I hope to get better in the near future!! I do have a scanner, but I haven't hooked it up yet, I will be doing that with YOUR help pretty soon. Thanks in advance for that :twitcy:

BTW, Call me after you shower, and I love ya and Miss ya already!!!!

Oh yea well I do camera mostly!! NO GOOD!!:no2:

tesschap
04-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I used to scan my cards but I started photographing them when I started my blog. It's much easier and the pictures seem to come out more clear.

JBgreendawn
04-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I used to only scan because i had a 1 mega pixel digital camera, but DH got me cannon pocket camera for X-mas and i have been playing with it ever since...
I don't fuss with my cards though i have two windows that let in good light (if its not a rainy gloomy day like today) and i just set the card on the table angled so the light hits it and shoot. no biggy.
I use my scanner to do 12 x12 layouts though. and i stitch the pieces from that with an panorama maker soft wear but i have been reading the adobe book and it looks like that program has a panorama maker built into it. (have no idea how to do that yet)
:)

Paula Carden
04-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I scan because it is quick and easy.
Photography is much more detailed-but more time consuming and I like to spend my time making cards-because my time is limited like everyone else.
Paula

mom_on_line
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I ususally photograph it as the scanner is mostly hooked up to DH's computer and I'm too lazy to hunt for the wire to hook onto my computer!

buggainok
04-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I scan because, GASP, I do not own a digital camera.

I had one briefly, until my dd started having babies, and I thought she needed it more than I did so I gave it to her.

countrycowgirl
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Depends on the card.. if they can be laid flat I will scan but if they have embellishments I take a pic!

iupindiana
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I am so tech impaired that I am not capable of doing either and we have both a digital camera and scanner. I tried it once and the picture was to small on my second attempt it was so large it wouldn't fit. So I just try to remember to take a picture of whatever I send. JoAnn

spredbirds
04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I scan because it's fast and easy ... I love peoples pics (Erin) and showing of what went into the card (stamps, markers, pencils, etc.)

-Chelsea

ctinyjoy
04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I have both but since the scanner is in DS room, (and it is hazardous to walk in there) I just plug the camera into my laptop and upload. I have found that if I don't use the windows camera viewer my pictures do not have to be resized:D I use a Kodak program that came on a CD from Walgreens.

Vintagegal
04-08-2007, 07:53 AM
I mostly photograph my cards.