PDA

View Full Version : Man, have I got a headache!

GrammaStamper
11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I went to balance my bank acct today and discovered I hadn't reconciled it since mid-September. I'm just lucky it's only a headache I have and not a concussion from hitting myself over the head. 3 hours it took me and I'm almost an accountant! Never again will I do this to myself. Thanks for listening.

suzi_f
11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Been there, done that!! I finally just figured, I hadn't written any checks in awhile, wrote the bal the bank told me & vowed to do better in the future.

mcourtney
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Me, too. Working in a bank for too many years in another life and all my college education focusing on accounting has turned me into some kind of checkbook auditor maniac where I have to account for EVERY PENNY! Not because I'm on a tight budget or anything but when columns of numbers don't add up I'll tear it apart until I find the error. Plus, I keep a double entry (Hidden balance) system so I can never overdraw my account. Which is stupid because I have overdraft protection. That's why DH and I have separate checking accounts. He NEVER balances his because he always rounds everything up, so he always has more on his statement than his checkbooks says and He's OK with that. That would drive me raving mad! LOL. Too bad I can't apply some of this craziness toward cataloging my thousands of stamps and supplies. Maybe I'd be able to find something right away instead of 3 months down the road after I've already run to the store and bought another one.

shuggy
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
i loathe balancing my checking account. mostly because i always find about a dozen entries i forgot to add when i used my debit card!!

argh!!