PDA

View Full Version : Tonight for dinner I fixed Sarah (LoobyLou)'s Impossible Quiche

iloveflipflops
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
and boy was it yummy!!!!!

It was wonderful Sarah!! We gobbled it up!!

Thank you, thank you!!

loobylou
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Well that's 4 less eggs you have laying around!!! Ha ha
I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. It's one of my Mum's specialities. She brought it to my place to share for our Easter Feast.
so do you want her impossible pie (dessert) recipe too?
Sarah

cindi
04-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I want the recipe too!!
:)

iupindiana
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes, we all want to know. JoAnn

loobylou
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
it is impossible cos you just toss all the ingredients, milk egg ham etc and the FLOUR all in together and during cooking the flour settles in and makes a crust all by itself. You don't need to make pastry- it makes itself

cindi
04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
give it up!!
Will you post a copy for all of us?? Please?
:notworthy:

loobylou
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
The Impossible Quiche<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>ingredients </o:p>
4 Eggs<o:p></o:p>
3 Rashers of bacon (diced)<o:p></o:p>
1 Onion finely chopped<o:p></o:p>
1-2 Cups grated cheese<o:p></o:p>
½ Cup self raising flour<o:p></o:p>
1 ½ Cups milk<o:p></o:p>
Salt and pepper<o:p></o:p>
Herbs (optional)<o:p></o:p>
1. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper and herbs.<o:p></o:p>
2. Sift flour into a mixing bowl and stir in bacon, onion and cheese until coated.<o:p></o:p>
3. Pour egg and milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.<o:p></o:p>
4. Pour into greased baking dish and cook for 45 minutes at 200 degrees.( that's Celcius ) - converts to 392F?<o:p></o:p>
5. Turn around toward the end of cooking to allow even browning.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>this is the easiest recipe I have ever tried. the flour sinks to the bottom and makes it own crust! Yummo</o:p>
<o:p>Sarah</o:p>

Deborah
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
THANKS, will try this one for sure!

Ummm...can we beg for her Impossible Pie recipe too?? ;)

loobylou
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Impossible Pie (dessert)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

You need:
4 eggs
1 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup flour
2tsp vanilla
2 cups milk
1 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup melted butter<o:p></o:p>
Method:
Place eggs in a large plastic container, preferably one that has a lid. Beat the eggs and add remaining ingredients. Seal the container and expel the air. Shake the bowl for about a minute. If you don't have a container with a lid, you can just beat the mixture for the same amount of time. Pour the mixture into a greased 9" pie plate and bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Don't worry if the mixture seems a bit too runny. All will be well. After cooking you will end up with a 3 layered custard tart, with a base, custard filling and a browned coconut top. Serve with cream. May be eaten hot or cold.
Enjoy its yummy<o:p></o:p>

Deborah
04-10-2007, 10:09 PM
YOU are just a GEM! I'm always looking for "quick-and-easy" when the grandboys are here. THANKS!!

iloveflipflops
04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Oh no I will not eat anything coconut in it Sarah so this one I will pass :).

midnitecreations
04-10-2007, 11:48 PM
These sound really awesome and simple. Great combination. TFS Renu

ellie
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
That sounds wonderful. I will definitely be giving it a try.