PDA

View Full Version : Gamsol replacement colorless blender

GSMom385
04-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I found something that I thought was pretty cool, maybe all of you prisma savy folks already know about this but I didn't so I thought I would share here goes. My daugher is 12 and really enjoys stamping with me. For Easter I always get my daughters a small gift from mom as well as from the bunny. She wanted her own set of 12 prisma colored pencils as she is only allowed to use mine when I am home. Catch is she also wanted gamsol to go with them. I was a little skeptical about giving that to 12 year old to use alone, I know cautious mother, but I worry about her not putting it up and little sister drinking it or something stupid like that. At our local art store the lady suggested an alternative to the gamsol a colorless blender pencil. I have to tell you it works pretty well. Not as rich as the gamsol but my daughter was very happy. So for those of you a little afraid of the gamsol because of small children, or ones on the way I would recommend it. It is also fits well into the budget since it is the price of a pencil.

ellie
04-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I have a blender pencil by Lyra. It is wonderful. It moves the color around very nicely and it is a cheap alternative to the Gamsol.

teabear
04-11-2007, 12:58 AM
thanks for sharing this....I'll look for one :)

djc
04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
When I bought my Gamsol, I was warned that just because the odor has been removed doesn't make it any safer to use. We all need to exercise caution when using it.

Has anyone tried Zest-it? It's a natural product that is suppose to blend color pencils. http://www.jandtblackman.ltd.uk/eShop/products.php?cat=15 I haven't tried this myself. I was waiting for the opinion of someone on 2Peas who had some. I think I'm going to have to break down and get some myself. LOL.

Daria

flyingflower
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I love my colorless blending pencil - on top of everything else, its very portable!